The Student Room Group

Best intro/beginning mission of a game?

What, for you, is the best introductory mission/start of all the games you have played?
For me it's the walk through City 17 in Half Life 2. It was so detailed, and unlike the beginning of any other FPS I had played at that point.
The Last Of Us
Reply 2
Skyrim is up there. Once you finish the opening sequence, which was good in itself, those first few minutes exploring Skyrim are probably the most fun I've ever had in a game tbh - it was just so ambient.
Reply 3
Original post by Oceancity
Skyrim is up there. Once you finish the opening sequence, which was good in itself, those first few minutes exploring Skyrim are probably the most fun I've ever had in a game tbh - it was just so ambient.

YES
The menu cutscene for Demon's Souls.
Original post by will.bos55
What, for you, is the best introductory mission/start of all the games you have played?
For me it's the walk through City 17 in Half Life 2. It was so detailed, and unlike the beginning of any other FPS I had played at that point.

Call of duty Modern warfare 2 --> Spetsnaz theme song.

Its brings me so many memories of starting up a SND game on highrise running forward into that corner where you can see the other building and snipers just getting half way across the map kills. :drool: :moon: #throwback :cry2:

[video="youtube;2pwh2mBDpTw"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2pwh2mBDpTw[/video]
Runescape tutorial Island
Original post by SuperHuman98
Runescape tutorial Island

Mining bronze ore and slaying rats for daaaaayss :rofl:
Need for Speed Most Wanted in that spicy BMW
gta 5
thrust you straight into an armed robbery
Maplestory. The music for that game is something else. :s-smilie:

Runescape was pretty cool too though.
The very first Metal Gear Solid game.

Quick Reply

Latest