The Student Room Group

plz mark my speach

Hello everybody. Today I want to speak about losing items. Yes, we’ve all been there! It can honestly stress you out and perhaps make you break down, whilst balling your eyes out- cursing yourself. (Okay, maybe that’s just me)

“Where is it? I put it here a minute ago, I’m assuming are the most commonly asked questions, before running around in a frantic frenzy. Whether it’s a: train ticket, passport, or a piece of jewellery, passed down your family generation- don’t panic. Panic triggers anger, which can lead your brain to go blank. No matter how morose you are, don’t let it subdue you. You still have hope.

Firstly, I would suggest retracing your footsteps, however, don’t search in locations, where you highly doubt for your item to be recovered there. There’s a huge possibility it wouldn’t be there. (Proven scientifically) Seeking for something valuable, is like a distraught owner, searching for his pet. (Only your item, might not withhold the power to run away) If the item vanished in your house, don’t create a mountain of mess, hunting for it- this could provide you with a much more complicated mission. Searching in a location again, after thoroughly scanning, will not increase the chances of it being recovered there. It will just bring you false hope, making you feel less helpless than before.

Still no luck? Feeling increasingly agitated as every second passes by? Then take a break!

You’ve probably drained your brain power. Having a rest, whilst pondering about the possible places, can be more effective. Losing items is hard-wired into our brains, as part of our nature, moreover, misplacing is not a symptom of a lower IQ. Rewind time to: what you were doing before the disaster, where you were, the time of day and any other details you can recall. Studies conclude, lost objects are usually very close to their original location.

The satisfying sensation, of your patience paying off, perceiving the location of your buried treasure. It’s a token for your well-deserved efforts; a reminder of your forgetfulness. (which is normal)

I hope you’ve not only enjoyed my speech but feel more educated on how to overcome small calamities that befall us. Thank you.
Reply 1
42%
hi being a student idk if i can grade u accurately but youve used a lot of devices like rhetorical qs which is great!
i usually use this checklist:

Start with sentences like ‘Imagine/picture this.’ or ‘Wow!. What an amazing turnout!’

Follow with personal anecdote

When referring to pupils, make pop culture references

Sarcasm

‘Yes, you’ve guessed it!’ or ‘We all know what I’m talking about’

‘Isn’t it about time we take action?’

For the conclusion, make it an extension on the intro and end with a rhetorical question

AFOREST

‘We can, we should and we must.’

Zoom in, zoom out, expand

Collective pronouns

‘...’

Direct address

Filler words

if u havent included something from here u could add it :smile: hope this helps
Reply 3
thx:suith:

Quick Reply

Latest