The Student Room Group

personal statement help :)

hi I'm applying for a mix of computer science and software engineering at uni and im writing my personal statement now. is this a good opening?

My interest in computers started to develop at a young age through the means of video games. I remember playing Wii Sports with my cousins for the first time and being completely bewildered by how on earth the remote knew I was trying to hit the tennis ball. As I got older, I started to play first and third-person shooter games or 3D sandbox games such as Minecraft. Although the games were different to the ones I was playing at age 6 or so, I was and still am completely captivated by every element of them.

thank you!!
i personally think its really good in terms of bringing in your childhood to actually link to the topic in hand. however i think adding more sophisticated concepts that developed when you got older should be brought in. maybe completely remove this part if you wont emphasise what elements you were captivated by

Original post by miam00
As I got older, I started to play first and third-person shooter games or 3D sandbox games such as Minecraft. Although the games were different to the ones I was playing at age 6 or so, I was and still am completely captivated by every element of them.

consider adding more to your intro however, such as talking about what you specifically want to further understand and explore in university and your course

hope this helps!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending