The Student Room Group

Spanish AQA A2

Is anyone just focusing on one cultural topic instead of both at the moment in preparation for the exam??

Does anyone know anyone who has done this in the past and got a good grade? Don't have much time but want a good grade so is this the best way to go about it instead of spreading myself thinly over BOTH topics and vocab, translations etc?
Original post by AnitaaaAlice
Is anyone just focusing on one cultural topic instead of both at the moment in preparation for the exam??

Does anyone know anyone who has done this in the past and got a good grade? Don't have much time but want a good grade so is this the best way to go about it instead of spreading myself thinly over BOTH topics and vocab, translations etc?

That's a bit risky because the two questions for one culture topic might be horrible whereas there might be nice ones for the culture topic you didn't revise. I would advise learning both culture topics - it is a safer option :smile:
Reply 2
Our school only taught us the q12 essay, so only a book, even though we also did the film for the speaking. I personally don't think it's too much of a risk but up to you :smile:
Reply 3
Original post by harina10
Our school only taught us the q12 essay, so only a book, even though we also did the film for the speaking. I personally don't think it's too much of a risk but up to you :smile:

I agree with you - we studied Lorca and Almodóvar, but are focusing on Almodóvar because we found that easier to write about. In my opinion, the AQA questions are usually vague enough for you to be able to say anything that would be relevant to the question anyway, so I would recommend only doing the one topic rather than both. It's a hassle and you're probably better at one cultural topic than the other anyway!
Original post by harina10

Same here, we did Del Toro and Lorca in the speaking but have only learned Dell Toro for the exam
One question guys, in this exam you can speak about any spanish period any? Cause I spoke about the Spanish Civil War in my speaking test... Should I do some research about the most important person during that period? (Sorry if I got some gramatical mistakes :biggrin:)
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 6
on average how much does everyone write on the Cultural topics?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending