The Student Room Group

Question from future medicine student wannabe

Hello everyone,

I tried searching the website, but couldn't find anything helpful. Here it goes, since I am an adult, born outside UK, to go to Uni to study Medicine, I have to get GCSE's in Maths and English and then complete access course. What I do not know, is what literature would be useful to get familiar with before I start the access course. Having one year of easy-peasy maths and English I figured I can spend that time getting more familiar with the subject.

Any help/suggestions will be highly appreciated.

Original post by GregSky
Hello everyone,

I tried searching the website, but couldn't find anything helpful. Here it goes, since I am an adult, born outside UK, to go to Uni to study Medicine, I have to get GCSE's in Maths and English and then complete access course. What I do not know, is what literature would be useful to get familiar with before I start the access course. Having one year of easy-peasy maths and English I figured I can spend that time getting more familiar with the subject.

Any help/suggestions will be highly appreciated.

Hi

AS and A2 level material will be more than enough, to be honest AS should be enough to get you started, I guess you'll be doing chemistry as one of your access pathways, I'd use this time to get up to speed on chem calculations such as bond enthalpies, hess' law, enthalpy change, redox equations etc, I'd also have a go at organic chemistry, things such as nomenclature can be tricky to get at first so if you start now you'll be in a good position.

Good luck :smile:
(edited 7 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending