The Student Room Group
Dental Students, University of Central Lancashire
University of Central Lancashire
Preston
Visit website

Uclan -medical sciences degree

Hi!
I’m starting medical sciences degree in September (just completed foundation year ). I’m starting to think about my future and was wondering if anyone has been a student on this course and what career they are in now ? Or could give me examples of what routes I can go down !

Many thanks !
Original post by Leonimariehey
Hi!
I’m starting medical sciences degree in September (just completed foundation year ). I’m starting to think about my future and was wondering if anyone has been a student on this course and what career they are in now ? Or could give me examples of what routes I can go down !

Many thanks !

Hi there @Leonimariehey, :smile:

It's great to hear that you are starting your Medical Sciences degree here at UCLan. We hope to welcome you in September!

Did you know our School of Medicine is ranked as the Top Medical School in North West England (The Guardian University Guide 2021)!

Our brilliant Medical Sciences degree focuses on both academic achievement and the development of strong student personal profiles, alongside training in clinical and communication skills. You can chat to one of our 2nd year Medical Science students here. If you search your course under course name you will be able to ask Blessing any questions you have. :smile:

You can also contact our [email protected] for extra advice about future careers.

I hope this helps :smile:
Best wishes
Sarah
Dental Students, University of Central Lancashire
University of Central Lancashire
Preston
Visit website
Reply 2
Thanks , I’ve messaged blessing just awaiting a response . :smile:
Thanks , I’ve messaged blessing just awaiting a response . :smile:

Please let me know if you have any further questions about life here at UCLan and I will be happy to help answer them.

Best wishes,
Sarah
hello, I was wondering after completion of the two year medical sciences degree, will I be able to apply to any graduate medicine course as the undergraduate degree is only two years? thank you

Original post by UCLan Ambassador

Please let me know if you have any further questions about life here at UCLan and I will be happy to help answer them.

Best wishes,
Sarah
Original post by sakeenarrrr
hello, I was wondering after completion of the two year medical sciences degree, will I be able to apply to any graduate medicine course as the undergraduate degree is only two years? thank you

Hi there:smile:

You can apply to postgraduate courses upon completion of the undergraduate course and receiving the Bachelor's degree. As a matter of fact, graduates from this programme will be strong candidates for further postgraduate study at MSc, MPhil and PhD level and you can receive alumni discount if you apply to do the postgraduate course at UCLan after finishing your undergraduate degree at UCLan.

Hope this helps,
Sophia
(edited 7 months ago)
thank you, could I apply to any post grad medicine?
Original post by UCLan Student
Hi there:smile:

You can apply to postgraduate courses upon completion of the undergraduate course and receive the Bachelor's degree. As a matter of fact, graduates from this programme will be strong candidates for further postgraduate study at MSc, MPhil and PhD level and you can receive alumni discount if you apply to do the postgraduate course at UCLan after finishing your undergraduate degree at UCLan.

Hope this helps,
Sophia
Original post by sakeenarrrr
thank you, could I apply to any post grad medicine?

Hi there!
It would be up to each university as every university has their own entry requirements for their degrees so you would have to check with them.

- Rebecca :smile:
Reply 8
Hi!

Many thanks !

How was the foundation year? I’m thinking of doing this degree to get into medicine as I didn’t take the right A levels. How is Burnley too as I’m from London.
Original post by Codididid
How was the foundation year? I’m thinking of doing this degree to get into medicine as I didn’t take the right A levels. How is Burnley too as I’m from London.
Hi there,

I did the foundation year and found it a great bridge between a-levels and my degree! Studying the foundation year on the foundation entry to medical sciences isn't a guaranteed route into medicine but it is possible.

Burnley is a small city situated about an hour from Manchester and 40 minutes from Preston, I'd recommend coming to one of our open days to see the campus for yourself!

If you have any other questions please let me know below!

-Rebecca, UCLan
(edited 2 months ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending