The Student Room Group

Help! Struggling with hazard perception with test on Saturday

Hello.
I have currently been revising for my driving theory on Saturday and whilst I'm finding the multiple choice quite easy I'm struggling with the hazard perception. I use an app called theory pro for the hazard perception clips on my phone and on my desktop I use theory test pro but most of the time I'm just failing by a few marks in some cases I pass but it is still difficult for me. Does anyone have any tips.
Thanks.
Reply 1
Original post by Rhyad zergane
Hello.
I have currently been revising for my driving theory on Saturday and whilst I'm finding the multiple choice quite easy I'm struggling with the hazard perception. I use an app called theory pro for the hazard perception clips on my phone and on my desktop I use theory test pro but most of the time I'm just failing by a few marks in some cases I pass but it is still difficult for me. Does anyone have any tips.
Thanks.

I've never done any revision on hazard perception test and passed first time. As a driver you've got be responsible for your own and others safety - seems simple but you know.. it's a computer and you need to demonstrate how you perceive hazards.

Few things to look at whilst driving(test):

"A car in front of you waiting to turn right
- A pedestrian stepping out in front of you
- A parent putting their child into the back seat of their car
- A large vehicle taking up both lanes of the road
- Animals wandering into the road
Some potential dangers do not develop into a hazard. While a child walking along the pavement has the potential to stumble into the road and present a danger, you won’t score any points for clicking each time you see a pedestrian. You won’t be penalised if you click when you see a potential danger that doesn’t develop into an actual hazard, though it's random, frequent clicking that the software is likely to penalise you for."

Every movie clip I've watched got like 7+ flags (most of the time).

Just make sure you don't use any pattern when spotting hazards e.g. Clicking twice every second. Why? Because Impressive said so.

If you think there is a potential danger ahead just smash that computer mouse.

I wish you best of luck!
Original post by Rhyad zergane
Hello.
Thanks.

Click whenever you see something that could be a hazard. As it develops, click once more just to be sure that you haven't missed it. I aimed for about 5 clicks per clip (ensuring that you don't click too much at once or in a pattern)
UPDATE: I have passed my theory thank you for the help
Well done! Im struggling with this one :frown: test tuesday.Wish me luck i need it 😱😢

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending