The Student Room Group

Can I still get into a top university with AS Further Maths?

So I've just finished my exams and started my A2 courses. I didn't choose further maths at AS though so my tutor recommended that I do it next year as an AS since I want to do a computer science and Maths degree. I'm ok with just a computer science one but would prefer maths as well.

My question is if I can still get into a good university like Bristol or Southampton even with only an AS in further maths since they say you need to have it to get in on their website. Also, incase I get a B in my maths this year, can I still get into those universities? I'm just saying this because I'm not feeling good about how my C2 exam went.

I did Maths, Electronics, Computer science and Classic Civ last year. I only did Classics because I didn't know what else to do and I was told I could do further maths in my second year so I left it for that.
It is unlikely that anyone reading this will have memorised the entry requirements for every single university. You need to do your own research if you want to find out which universities don't require FM for computer science. Check their websites, all the information you need is there.

If a university says on their website that they require A2 Further Maths then your chances of acceptance are pretty much nil. Bristol requires an A* in maths and Southampton an A in maths, if you get a B you won't get in.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending