The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
wow it seems schools have very different policies when it comes to maths and further maths. Most people here take 6 maths modules in first year, which would mean one AS pure maths and one AS further maths???
I've only done 5 !
This means I have to do 7 modules next year right?
^ Or, AS and A2 maths in the first year, then AS and A2 Further maths in the second year.

Yes, to get 2 full A2 qualifications you will need 2x6 units.
Consider yourself lucky - our school makes us do 13 modules in total :frown:

I'm seriously considering self teaching myself the two Decsion modules so i can get an Additional Further Maths AS (You can get these for Edexcel right?). I dont like a module going to waste.
*Joins the bandwagon*
Jan 07: C1 C2 S1
Jun 07: C3 C4 M1
Jan 08: FP1 M2 S2
Jun 08: FP2 FP3 M3 D1
Reply 24
My school did C1-4 M1-3 and S1 in the 1st year. It wouldve been heavy except id already done C1,2 S1 and covered most of M1 in yr11 - the rest of the class wernt so lucky. Made this year quite nice though.
Reply 25
ghe.tom
My school did C1-4 M1-3 and S1 in the 1st year. It wouldve been heavy except id already done C1,2 S1 and covered most of M1 in yr11 - the rest of the class wernt so lucky. Made this year quite nice though.

Lol 8 modules in one year...is that even possible?
My 6th form:
1st year jan: C1 S1
1st year june: C2 C3 M1 S2
2nd year jan: C4 FP1 M2 D1
2nd year june: FP2 (and a choice of S3 FP3 or M3)
Reply 27
We did:

1st Year: C1, C2, M1, M2, S1, FP4 [due to lack of numbers we were combined with the year above who had already done FP1]
2nd Year: C3, C4, D1, M3, S2, FP1

Worked out fine, but FP4 would have been so much easier having done the vector part of C4 and the matrices part of FP1.
Reply 28
First Year: C1, C2, C3, C4, M1, M2
Second Year: FP1, FP2, FP3, M3, M4, S1
Reply 29
first year everyone did:
jan: C1 C2 and M1
june: C3 C4 M2 and S1

Then the next year we all (7 of us) got to chose which applied modules we wanted to do so in jan we had: FP1 and (S2, D1, M3-one/two/all) (i did 2)
then after results we all worked out what we needed and all got taught FP2 and FP3, but then for applied we could do S3 D2 or M4 (again one/two/all), so basically in the second year we all got taught the pure modules but could tailor the course to what we all separately wanted to do, it was great

Latest