The Student Room Group
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London

To anyone living in halls, especially SSA and GDSA

I know there are not many postgraduate students on TSR but hopefully someone living on stamford st. apartments can help me out...Well I want to apply for accomodation there (as well as GDSA and other halls), but, as a postgraduate student, I would prefer to live among people of my age (I'm 24). So, do halls (esp. SSA and GDSA that I'm mostly interested in) have a policy of grouping postgraduate students together (in the same flats or corridors) ?

I'm sure someone from SSA or GDSA can help... :redface:
Reply 1
This isn't really helpful, but... god I hope so. SSA and GDSA are my top two choices, and I really don't want to be stuck in a flat with a bunch of undergrads.
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London
Reply 2
I won't lie, SSA and GDSA are mostly undergrads. I'd recommend Brian Creamer House, I know there are postgrads there.
Reply 3
I hope to conduct research at KCL after I get my MA this year. I would be interested in the living situation.
Reply 4
I'm a postgrad and when I started my MA last year I moved into GDSA, I lived there until about a month ago.

They do have a policy of grouping all postgrads together: not only my whole apartment, but my whole floor was postgrad, and also the floor underneath us. And, all my postgrad friends living either in GDSA or in SSA shared their flats with postgrads only. I don't think you should worry, they're very aware of how postgrad students don't really want to share the kitchen with much younger undergrads :smile:
Reply 5
Zoecb
I won't lie, SSA and GDSA are mostly undergrads. I'd recommend Brian Creamer House, I know there are postgrads there.

Not quite dude. There were several mature students at BCH last year, but not post-grads. Post-graduates tend to live in the Rectory, which is always associated with BCH, but for which you have to apply separately.
Reply 6
Oh right OK.

Also: HI MARY! Welcome to TSR, you'll never leave! Hehe.
Reply 7
Zoecb
Oh right OK.

Also: HI MARY! Welcome to TSR, you'll never leave! Hehe.

A way to make time go away until September...roll on uni again! :biggrin:
Reply 8
I am an MSc. student and was placed in GDSA. Yes they do put postgrads together, usually in one block. so not only will your individual flat most likely be all postgrads, but your entire block will be too. I think this stands for all of the halls of residences at King's. The only time where this wont be the case if you apply midsessional and move in much later than when the normal influx of students move in...so not to worry you probably wont be stuck with immature undergrads in halls! :smile:

Latest