The Student Room Group
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London

KCL Stamford Street Apartments

has anyone got anything to say about SSA? I've looked at the pics on the KCL website but was wondering if anyone has any advice/ tips/ opinions on the place :smile:

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Anonymous
has anyone got anything to say about SSA? I've looked at the pics on the KCL website but was wondering if anyone has any advice/ tips/ opinions on the place :smile:

well personally it would be great because they offer free breakfast, a gym pass I think or a gym in the accom, refurbished rooms for non-KAAS students, it's really sociable and close to several campuses. HOWEVER, the chances of ever getting the accommodation are slim to none. they are literally on the portal for SECONDS. Let me know if you do manage to get one though :smile:
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London
Reply 2
Original post by KrissKross
well personally it would be great because they offer free breakfast, a gym pass I think or a gym in the accom, refurbished rooms for non-KAAS students, it's really sociable and close to several campuses. HOWEVER, the chances of ever getting the accommodation are slim to none. they are literally on the portal for SECONDS. Let me know if you do manage to get one though :smile:

Wait so KAAS students don’t get the refurbished rooms?
Original post by A.iiceyy
Wait so KAAS students don’t get the refurbished rooms?

Nope

I ended up getting a room for SSA !! :smile:
Reply 5
Original post by 42scarlett
I ended up getting a room for SSA !! :smile:

What time was it on the portal? and was it refurbished?
(edited 2 years ago)
Original post by A.iiceyy
What time was it on the portal? and was it refurbished?

I first booked a room for GDS like the second the portal opened lol but I realised SSA was so much closer so I swapped a few days later, it was around the end of April. I get KAAS so I couldn’t choose refurbished.

Hiya. Is there any more information about the accommodation apart from the KCL website? I only ask as I for example didn't see the 'free breakfast' highlighted when describing SSA on the website?
Original post by anonymous_1947
Hiya. Is there any more information about the accommodation apart from the KCL website? I only ask as I for example didn't see the 'free breakfast' highlighted when describing SSA on the website?

Oh yeah, it doesn't say it on that website but I watched a couple of youtube videos of current KCL students and they said that, I'm not sure how true it is but yeah, it might just be worth searching up the accommodation you want on youtube
Hey I booked SSA 2 weeks ago! So excited because I'll be at Waterloo Campus! Kinda sad that the room won't be refurbished since I'm on KAAS but it what it is :dontknow: it's London so we've got to expect small rooms with wet rooms instead of showers 😂
Does anyone know how many blocks/floors there are in SSA??? And is there really free breakfast???
Hey!! Just found this thread after I was allocated to SSA :> (probably because I'm under 18 tbh) I didn't actually apply for a refurbished room, got the regular Ensuite instead... I was wondering if anyone here has photos of the regular rooms (for example the bathrooms etc)? I've seen the ones on the KCL site but if there are more that would be great!! Thanks and I hope anyone who wants SSA gets the allocation you want <3
Original post by karenawang
Hey!! Just found this thread after I was allocated to SSA :> (probably because I'm under 18 tbh) I didn't actually apply for a refurbished room, got the regular Ensuite instead... I was wondering if anyone here has photos of the regular rooms (for example the bathrooms etc)? I've seen the ones on the KCL site but if there are more that would be great!! Thanks and I hope anyone who wants SSA gets the allocation you want <3

If you look at Mei-Ying Chow's vlog about going to SSA a few years ago at the time-stamp 3:08, you can see the bathroom. I must say it looks pretty depressing though.
If you look at Mei-Ying Chow's vlog about going to SSA a few years ago at the time-stamp 3:08, you can see the bathroom. I must say it looks pretty depressing though.

Thanks!! Just checked out the video, you're right it does look pretty grim :|
Original post by karenawang
Thanks!! Just checked out the video, you're right it does look pretty grim :|

If it makes you feel any better, I am also staying at SSA in an un-refurbished room. We’ll survive :frown:
If it makes you feel any better, I am also staying at SSA in an un-refurbished room. We’ll survive :frown:

Same :frown:
I'm staying at SSA right now- there's no free breakfast.The rooms are small but there's lots of storage and you eventually get used to it- even the bathroom. I did want to prioritise location over design and SSA has a great location for the strand waterloo campus (the library is literally across the street).
Original post by Tossin’glittrr
I'm staying at SSA right now- there's no free breakfast.The rooms are small but there's lots of storage and you eventually get used to it- even the bathroom. I did want to prioritise location over design and SSA has a great location for the strand waterloo campus (the library is literally across the street).

Hi! Are you staying in the refurbished or standard rooms if you don't mind me asking?
Original post by Caz1234567
Hi! Are you staying in the refurbished or standard rooms if you don't mind me asking?

standard room- i've seen the refurbished and they are really nice, definitely worth it if you can
Original post by 42scarlett
I first booked a room for GDS like the second the portal opened lol but I realised SSA was so much closer so I swapped a few days later, it was around the end of April. I get KAAS so I couldn’t choose refurbished.

I’ve booked a room but thinking of changing. But, I can’t see what accoms are on the portal. Do I need to give up my current accommodation to browse others?
Original post by Tossin’glittrr
standard room- i've seen the refurbished and they are really nice, definitely worth it if you can

I've booked a standard room, I've heard great things about the refurbished ones and I was hoping to hear good things about the standard ones as I'm worried about how bad they might be... Do you have anymore insights? Thanks!

Quick Reply

Latest