The Student Room Group

June 24th: 'UK Independence Day'. The People of Great Britain Have Spoken. Now What?

Now is not a time for puerile/jubilant triumphalism. Instead, we must focus on dampening the fires of hysteria, restoring confidence, reuniting the nation behind a positive vision of a prosperous future UK, and collectively taking the country forward in a calm, considered, and responsible spirit

This means holding politicians well and truly to account, going forward, and ensuring that we mitigate risk and ward off the circling vultures preventing them from capitalising on/worsening societal conditions e.g. in terms of rights, freedoms, inequality, spatial deprivation, and division

Whichever way we voted rich or poor, young or old, urbanites or rural folk, North, South, East, or West and whatever our reasons for doing so, it now falls to each and every Brit to make the most of our revitalised Democratic powers, for the common good and in the national interest

We will pause before changing our leadership and effecting withdrawal under Article 50; let’s each and every one of us support the public/private/third sectors in making the most of this time by steadying the ship and charting a sensible course through uncharted waters

Britannia: unite, heal, and prosper
(edited 5 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

we just need to rearrange the deckchairs.
Honey,the union is crumbling. Scotland don't want to be apart of it anymore and next thing you know,Northern Ireland will want to hold an independance referendum. Londoners too want to hold a referendum on London indepence. Sad times
Original post by the bear

Does this mean I'm gonna lose all my international friends who are from Europe :frown:
"Britannia unite "
Northern Ireland and Scotland think differently.
Original post by queen-bee
Does this mean I'm gonna lose all my international friends who are from Europe :frown:

you will be able to meet lots of Russians soon :h:

Women and children first into the lifeboats.
you will be able to meet lots of Russians soon :h:

My ex was Russian. But what will happen to my European friends? Will they be deported? Some of them are expats and some students
Original post by Fullofsurprises

:spank:

:naughty:

anyone identifying as non-male for the purposes of evacuation

:rofl:
(edited 7 years ago)
My ex was Russian. But what will happen to my European friends? Will they be deported? Some of them are expats and some students

nothing will happen to them immediately. they will be taken East for resettlement in due course.

Probably not - the changes to immigration, if there are any substantial ones, are unlikely to apply retrospectively.

It's amazing, this opposition of yours to sexism. :rolleyes:
(edited 7 years ago)
Honey,the union is crumbling. Scotland don't want to be apart of it anymore and next thing you know,Northern Ireland will want to hold an independance referendum. Londoners too want to hold a referendum on London indepence. Sad times

London won't be missed, but Scotland & Ulster :emo:
nothing will happen to them immediately. they will be taken East for resettlement in due course.

Does this mean my uncles from Tuscany can no longer buy a house in a leafy London suburb?
Now its time to back peddle and make excuses when Scotland/Northern Ireland leave us, and when we lose the very 'sovreignty' that you people were trying to re-gain :rolleyes:
London won't be missed, but Scotland & Ulster :emo:

What are you talking about,ofcourse we will!

#votelondonindependence

There will be no such thing as Britain at this rate!!!
Original post by statistics16
There will be no such thing as Britain at this rate!!!

Das it maaaaan
Original post by Hydeman
Probably not - the changes to immigration, if there are any substantial ones, are unlikely to apply retrospectively.

It's amazing, this opposition of yours to sexism. :rolleyes:

Okay,I hope you are right about this otherwise there will be lots of tears and I myself may have to move from london
I agree, instead of sulking because you didn't get what you wanted, or jacking off your bregos (c wot i did ther?), the discussion in where to go from here needs to start occurring.

Fine, Scotland might well leave. Then that needs to taken into consideration, but the rest of the UK isn't going anywhere. Leaving the EU is just the beginning of the discussion.

Quick Reply

Latest