The Student Room Group

Confused

Can you help me choose my subject combination? At uni I might study international relations, law, economics, political science or something like this. I was also thinking of a second major in a foreign language... I'm really confused.

Eng LAL HL
French HL
Global Politics HL

Spanish B SL (online)
ESS/Biology SL
Maths SL

Instead of the Spanish online course, I can choose psychology, economics or philosophy (all of them are offered online). What's the best combination?

I must score +40 and therefore I wouldn't want to have too many hard subjects but at the same time I don't wanna choose ESS, Maths studies and Spanish AB because they could ruin my future chances since they are very much considered "soft subjects".
If you're thinking of studying Economics you should probably choose Econ rather than one of the languages.
Reply 2
Original post by alexalexalex.
If you're thinking of studying Economics you should probably choose Econ rather than one of the languages.

And for international relations?
Original post by Saraaa22
And for international relations?

I mean keep in mind that I'm no expert but I think having 2 languages and Econ is better than 3 languages for all of the options you mentioned in your first post (including international relations)

Another thing you can do is going to the website of whatever university you want to study at, go to their undergraduate courses and look at the "entry requirements" to see what courses you have to have :smile:
Reply 4
Original post by alexalexalex.
I mean keep in mind that I'm no expert but I think having 2 languages and Econ is better than 3 languages for all of the options you mentioned in your first post (including international relations)

Another thing you can do is going to the website of whatever university you want to study at, go to their undergraduate courses and look at the "entry requirements" to see what courses you have to have :smile:

Fortunately/unfortunately unis don't really set specific subject requirements for IR, so it's up to me (for economics, on the other hand, Maths HL is required).

Do you think this combination looks solid or too soft for someone who whishes to apply for IR at a top uni?

English A, French B, Global Politics HL
Economics, Maths, Biology SL

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending