The Student Room Group

Sikhs, Jews, Christians Voted OUT! Muslims, Hindus, Blacks Voted REMAIN!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Bill_Gates

Maybe it is to do with how integrated they feel?

Jews and Sikhs are the two most segregated groups in the UK
http://www.ethnicity.ac.uk/medialibrary/briefingsupdated/more-segregation-or-more-mixing.pdf

Sikhs are also the 2nd most uneducated religious community in the UK, so that might explain why most of them voted leave since the general trend in the country was that the less educated voted leave.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by welshiee
Sikh's voting out is no surprise. They have integrated well in the UK, offer so much to the country and are arguably one of the greatest, if not the greatest, demographic in the entire UK as a collective. I'd like us to bring more Sikh's to the UK as they integrate well, have a great culture and offer so much when it comes the economy. Hopefully leaving the EU results in less migration from the EU and more skilled migration from those outside it.

Yes, Sikhs are clearly the best integrated community with their honour killings, forced marriages, 'dowry violence', caste discrimination, mob violence, sectarianism, female infanticide, turning their areas into slums, etc. They're also overrepresented in prison (compare that to Hindus who are 3x underrepresented) , plus they're the 2nd most segregated religious community in the UK.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Aztec123
Yes, Sikhs are clearly the best integrated community with their honour killings, forced marriages, 'dowry violence', caste discrimination, mob violence, sectarianism, female infanticide, turning their areas into slums, etc. They're also overrepresented in prison (compare that to Hindus who are 3x underrepresented) , plus they're the 2nd most segregated community in the UK.

Yes, there's bad people in all demographics. What's your point? There's bad white British people. There's bad Muslims. There's bad Sikhs. There's bad Catholics. There's bad black people. You know what is incredible? Judging the person on who they are not what they are. If you think all Sikhs adhere to the practices you've mentioned then you're as bad as the idiots who bang on about Muslims, quite frankly.
Original post by JamesN88
What if your dad is a black Ethiopian Jew who converted to Christianity and you mum is an Indian with a Sikh dad and a Hindu Mum?

I'm just waiting for the punch line.... :tongue:
Original post by ChaoticButterfly
I thought the EU was part of the Jewish global conspiracy to control the world?

Why did they vote to leave it?

It's a shame leave resorted to these false stories. The EU was very democratic, it never mis-treated anyone, there is no EU army, it's all lies. The leave won on this false idea that leaving reclaims sovereignty and democracy when they already existed anyway
Why (@OP) are we treating religion as though synonymous with ethnicity?

Have I misinterpreted? "Sikhs, Jews.... Blacks"

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by welshiee
Immigration should be done on a supply and demand basis. If we need doctors we should have a quota for doctors and let them in to support the NHS. Canada have a list for such occupations so hopefully we go down the same sensible route.
. Indian doctor pointed out that indian docs have to pass an english test, spanish and other eu doctors cannot legally be made to do so, so their english can be dangerously bad.
Original post by Bill_Gates
There was no clear cut correlation in terms of wealth or education in terms of voting patterns lol.

I don't think this is correct.
At a glance it looks like the majority net contributing and taxpayers want out and the majority net non contributing non taxpayers want in.
I know a Muslim family who ALL voted leave

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending