The Student Room Group

CAN I DO IT? (turn pro) football

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
My 12 year old brother just got scouted for Manchester City today. He’s been playing since around the age of 7 though. I’ll tell you a little bit about him. He’s currently being put on a strict diet in which changes every week or so after he sees his nutritionist. He’s got certain exercises he has to do each day and certain rest days. He goes to the academy and plays with the elites about 3 or 4 times a week. But I have noticed sometimes there are big breaks. He gets paid for scoring and for assists and things like that. Lol much more than my min wage job anyway. I think it’s 500 a goal and the figures change, vary depending on the team they play. Sometimes he'll have 2 games in a week and come out with 2k. I **** you not.... I’m here saving up for a new table and he’s there practically wanting to buy the whole of game. Cause he likes playing games a lot too. All of his football and travel is free. He gets to go in that blacked out coach while the parents have to stay in the cars lol. You can see em sometimes when driving up to a game with there headphones in at the back all chanting. Lol wish I went into football... I’m not quite sure how old you have to be, but when he plays for his school team, which he’s now been told to stop because of risks. He usually could take on about 5 of them average little county team members and win (when he has the ball obviously). I’m still stunned now lol and oh now he’s got free PT sessions with the one and only Neil Pointon. Ey ey ey, yeah I must admit am a little jealous because as long as he doesn’t get a serious injury, fall off track or get an illness, he’s pretty much gonna be getting all the birds, money and fame in the world. He was in a championship team before this though for about 3-4 years. 1 tip of advice for you dads out there too: don’t scare potential off by having a go at them, but make sure they dam well know you’re angry if they played stupidly a certain way. It makes them want to impress you and further better themselves. I’ve seen this first hand. No smacking though cause I’ve seen kids give it up because of things like that.
Original post by robin567
(...)
even though i am as good as messi?

Who did say this to that? if you are so sure, participate in trial session for a premier league club. If you get the chance to it anyway...
Lol I was the most naturally gifted left footed player although good with both could throw into the box at 8 years old. Scored 68 goals for my school from midfield, 5 goals from corners, could pin point a pass from half the pitch scored in a district match inside my own half scored numerous times from the kick off in 5 asides could take on 4 player s had a shot like a sledge hammer from 20 plus yards . Played for Charlton youth until they went bust. But was small at the time but grew to 5ft 9. My record is better than Beckham. I even hit a five aside cross bar from outside the box three times on the trott to prove I could. You need to be better than this to make it. I was harder than Roy keene in tackles
Unlikely pal. Standards are insane. But if you're legit good then it's possible (though most teenage boys think they're good at football...). But maybe you can gain recognition via some sort of academy contest. Don't bet the house on it, though.
Scored continuously from free kicks all this by the age of 11. Even at 18 scored 19 out of 19 penalties. No this was in the 70s very early 80s bit old now but was fun. Now they play one match to look at one kid. Spoke to a scout from arsenal a couple of years ago and they don't even bother really scouting much
Reply 85
I am a 17 yr old player and i have ambitions and hope of being scouted by a major premier league club,i honestly think that i am capable as people who have seen me play football constantly compare me with Messi .I undersand that scouts could have picked me a long time ago but i never went outside and showcased my ability infront of them. Is it to late for me to accomplish this goal ....... if Yes how could i get scouts to see me play?
BY THE WAY I JUST TURNED 17 !

did u make it?
Reply 86
I am a 17 yr old player and i have ambitions and hope of being scouted by a major premier league club,i honestly think that i am capable as people who have seen me play football constantly compare me with Messi .I undersand that scouts could have picked me a long time ago but i never went outside and showcased my ability infront of them. Is it to late for me to accomplish this goal ....... if Yes how could i get scouts to see me play?
BY THE WAY I JUST TURNED 17 !

did u make it?

Quick Reply

Latest