The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

"Chav music" encompasses some genres which contain some of my favourite artists. However "Happy Hardcore" (which you normally hear from mobile phones, sounds like one of those musical greetings cards played at double speed with a man going "Aaaah...Bibbly bobbly bobbly boo, bibbly bibbly bob" etc over the top) is a big old pile of bumcandy.
Hiphop and RnB pretty much
Reply 382
Hello_Kitty
My Chemical Romance > You

How can you speak such drivel? :p:

xX_JIMI_Xx
yes same with limp bizkit in particular for me. although i think they are pretty rubbish now, they still have a special place in my heart

Me too! Keep rollin' rollin' rollin' rollin'! :p:

Darkened Angel
excellent! *grabs a gun* *buys a train ticket to scotland* muahahahahahaahaha!!!

I think i love you! :wink: . No need, i already have a full range of high calibre weaponary to gun down the emo hordes :p:

Sidhe
I think I like one of their songs, but mostly it's just incomprehensible, never been a big fan of lyrics that you can't even hear.

To be honest, it's not too hard to pick out most of Slipknots lyrics. Though i guess that rules you out of liking hardcore, grindcore, death metal, black metal etc etc then?
Reply 383
Darkened Angel
Hiphop and RnB pretty much

Most of it isn't even real RnB, it's urban but they call it RnB to sound cooler :rolleyes:
SmilerNuts
I think i love you! :wink: . No need, i already have a full range of high calibre weaponary to gun down the emo hordes :p:

Make sure you get them all for me! :p:
SmilerNuts
Most of it isn't even real RnB, it's urban but they call it RnB to sound cooler :rolleyes:

Yeah i know, it's all manufactured hiphop shyte. Most of them dont even write their own stuff, I couldn't respect an artist much if they didn't write for themselves. What happened to love for real music and decent lyrics? :rolleyes:
Reply 385
SmilerNuts

To be honest, it's not too hard to pick out most of Slipknots lyrics. Though i guess that rules you out of liking hardcore, grindcore, death metal, black metal etc etc then?

I actually agree with that. There lyrics are surprisingly clear if you try to hear them :smile:
i find you get used to listening to harsh vocals and find you can understand them after a while..

ive given up trying to listen to lyrics though, ive been listening to alot of European crust/screamo bands who i cant understand.. so i just enjoy the vocals as they are now.
Reply 387
If there are any fans of (good quality) black metal on here, check out my band: http://www.myspace.com/lyrinx

We have a cassette out on Todestrieb Records, and Goatowarex are releasing the same cassette but on CD format. We also have a couple of splits planned for the future and a full-length album being released by Eerie Art Records in 2008.

Oh, and we're headlining a show at Trillians in Newcastle on the 30th, which will be good.
Bad day at work and I could do with a release :smile:
Reply 389
Anything from Slayer is good my friend! :wink: (Chimaira ain't so bad either)

Follow the link for a nice surprise:

http://www.metalhammer.co.uk/
while i'm pretty much a metal noob, i always love listening to a bit of Reign in Blood by Slayer or Slipknot's self titled album when im feeling pissed off. stuff by napalm death is probably the heaviest stuff i've ever heard, but i'll stop now before it becomes apparent how big a noob i am...
Reply 391

I like some of Slayers stuff and I saw Xentrix live ages ago and they were pretty good, but yeah not a big death/speed metal fan really.

ad absurdum
Out of interest, what sort of stuff would you say is "chav music"? Because there's some stuff I'd class as "chav music" that I'd listen to over most metal.

Obviously it varies but where I live chav music is mostly dance, trance, hardcore, techno, I can really take it all in the main with a pinch of salt. But Don't get the idea I'm not musically diverse I'll listen to almost anything, don't like acid Jazz, heard a lot of it and it never really seemed much cop.
Roots Bloody Roots - Sepultura
Melancholy - Iced Earth
Battle Metal - Turisas
Cowboys From Hell - Pantera
Cloud Conected - In Flames
Anything by MESHUGGAH. Strapping Young Lad are also pretty mental.
Sidhe
Obviously it varies but where I live chav music is mostly dance, trance, hardcore, techno, I can really take it all in the main with a pinch of salt. But Don't get the idea I'm not musically diverse I'll listen to almost anything, don't like acid Jazz, heard a lot of it and it never really seemed much cop.
Cool, that's what I would have classed as chav music too (chav's take on RnB isn't too popular up here). I didn't mean to imply anything about people's music taste, I was just wondering what sort of stuff was generally seen as chav music.
forget all the above posts.

You want crushing and heavy?

you need Khanate... one of the heaviest bands on the planet (second to only Vonn, but they make people sick).

however if youre after heavy and fast, maybe Anaal Nathrakh, or Nasum.
SoundDevastation
forget all the above posts.

You want crushing and heavy?

you need Khanate... one of the heaviest bands on the planet (second to only Vonn, but they make people sick).

however if youre after heavy and fast, maybe Anaal Nathrakh, or Nasum.

Sounds like just the ticket. Cheers.

I'm in to Pantera and Iron Maiden and things of that weight, I'll be sure to check out those bands and see where it leads me.

Edit: Thanks for all the other posters suggestions too, your thoughts are appreciated :smile:
ok well Khanate may be a bit of a big jump from Iron Maiden!

Check out Minsk.. crushing and heavy without being tortureous :biggrin:
I should've said Ed Gein as well...
Anybody know any good rock based movies? I've seen School of Rock so far and that was pretty good. Saw a bit of Heavy Metal but didn't like it much. Found out about Detroit Rock City today, sounds quite good, hopefully I'll get to watch it tomorrow. Anybody know of any other good ones?

Latest