The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Scott129
Anyone been keeping up to date with Slipknot's upcoming album? Thoughts on the new material?

6 songs have been officially released, a couple more have been doing the rounds on Youtube and I think the whole album's leaked on some sites.

Only heard 4 - The Negative One, The Devil in I, Custer and Sarcastrophe.

The middle two are both good, particularly The Devil in I. Not a fan of The Negative One at all. Sarcastrophe is decent.

Not a huge Slipknot fan to be honest, although I do love some of their songs - mainly their more 'radio friendly' songs such as Before I Forget, Duality, Psychosocial, Snuff etc.
Original post by AR_95
Any A7x fans here?

:borat:

Favourite band.
Original post by Devel

Cannot wait to see these in March.

Words can't express how jealous I am.. I saw them a few years ago and they were incredible, would love to see them again for their new stuff..
I'm so excited for it!

I just hope they don't neglect their self-titled and Iowa when choosing the setlist.

As with most bands that tour after releasing new material, sadly their older songs get left behind a bit, i'd imagine a lot of focus will be on their upcoming album. Unfortunately I don't think i'm gonna get to this tour :frown:
Original post by SeanA7X
Only heard 4 - The Negative One, The Devil in I, Custer and Sarcastrophe.

The middle two are both good, particularly The Devil in I. Not a fan of The Negative One at all. Sarcastrophe is decent.

Not a huge Slipknot fan to be honest, although I do love some of their songs - mainly their more 'radio friendly' songs such as Before I Forget, Duality, Psychosocial, Snuff etc.

If you have iTunes, there's another 3 songs that you can buy right now (XIX, AOV and Killpop). They're probably on Youtube somewhere as well.

I have to say, "The Negative One" is actually my favourite of the new songs. I prefer the ones with more of an electronic influence (like "Surfacing" & "Spit It Out").
Reply 8745
Original post by snowster
Words can't express how jealous I am.. I saw them a few years ago and they were incredible, would love to see them again for their new stuff..

Their new album is easily my favourite of the year. Plus they have Every Time I Die as support which is just perfect. :woo:

Anyone been keeping up to date with Slipknot's upcoming album? Thoughts on the new material?

6 songs have been officially released, a couple more have been doing the rounds on Youtube and I think the whole album's leaked on some sites.

It is a solid release for them but it is too long with some songs that just bring the album down.
Reply 8746
Tonight.

:dance:
-metalica
-korn
-slipknot
-asking alexandria
-nine inch nails
-foo fighters
-nirvana
-bring me the horizon
-marmozets
I'm so excited for it!

I just hope they don't neglect their self-titled and Iowa when choosing the setlist.

im going to the newcastle
Opinions on the new bmth single?

Repetitive pop rock trash? Yep thought so
Original post by leemer
Opinions on the new bmth single?

Repetitive pop rock trash? Yep thought so

Disappointing, but not totally awful. Reminded me a little bit of The Amity Affliction's 'The Weigh Down', though not as good.
What's the BMTH single called

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by AR_95
What's the BMTH single called

Posted from TSR Mobile

Drown
The new Crossfaith song is pretty sick though
Reply 8754
Bury Tomorrow were incredible last night.
Reply 8755
I actually like the new BMTH song. :dontknow:
>tfw Damnation Festival has such an amazing line up but you can't go because all the hotels with reasonable prices are fully booked.
If anyone's after something a bit different, I discovered these chaps a while ago:

Folk metal from (Inner) Mongolia. People seem to describe them as the Chinese Korpiklaani which I think is pretty fair: the riffs are of a similar style and the vocalists sound quite a bit like Jonne.
BMTH's new song has really grown on me now.. Also, they're not particularly rock/metal but Knuckle Puck's new EP is pretty great
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 8759
Slipknot played the first show of their tour last night so if you are going in January this is an idea of what you can expect.

Latest