The Student Room Group
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website

My results are on a knife edge, its killing me! (Nottingham - Politics + IR)

I achieved BBB in AS. I got a conditional offer from Nottingham for Politics and international relations, this was ABB. However, I should point out that the standard offer for the course is AAB, under the "wider context" of my life the offer was reduced by the 1 grade.
My results could easily vary from BBC to ABB, but with BBB being the most likely results followed by ABB. I finshed my exams on Monday, since then my head is being go round like crazy and every free moment i have i will pull up the calculator and throw different variations of UMS marks in there.
I've checked around and looked at the consensus about missing grades it seems that one and sometimes two is acceptable for larger courses. But my concern is that my offer is already below the standard offer, does that mean I'm very unlikly to get in with BBB? or do they view it as "Hes missed HIS offer by 1?" etc. Please give me your views
Original post by Damien17
I achieved BBB in AS. I got a conditional offer from Nottingham for Politics and international relations, this was ABB. However, I should point out that the standard offer for the course is AAB, under the "wider context" of my life the offer was reduced by the 1 grade.
My results could easily vary from BBC to ABB, but with BBB being the most likely results followed by ABB. I finshed my exams on Monday, since then my head is being go round like crazy and every free moment i have i will pull up the calculator and throw different variations of UMS marks in there.
I've checked around and looked at the consensus about missing grades it seems that one and sometimes two is acceptable for larger courses. But my concern is that my offer is already below the standard offer, does that mean I'm very unlikly to get in with BBB? or do they view it as "Hes missed HIS offer by 1?" etc. Please give me your views

Nott's often goes in clearing for courses and politics + IR is in UCAS Extra so the course isnt full which works in your favour.
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website
Reply 2
Original post by physicsphysics91
Nott's often goes in clearing for courses and politics + IR is in UCAS Extra so the course isnt full which works in your favour.

Thank you, that's some what reassuring. I just pray to God they would choose to accept me with BBB than run the risk of not filling the course to get an ABB - ish student.
Do you have any websites/ resources in which I could use to see what clearing options there were last year? Just to start contingency planning.
It's just my girlfriend and my best friend are going there, when I went i fell in love with the place and to top it off... I HATE my insurance choice.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending