The Student Room Group
On campus at University of Greenwich
University of Greenwich
London

Can I do a non-law masters and then do the LPC after?

So I am a recent graduate from the University of Greenwich - it's not the best university (in the sense that it's not Russell Group) and I haven't helped my chances because I got a 2:2.

I have around 5 years combined experience but the fact that I have a 2:2 still doesn't change with that experience. In order to attempt to rectify my situation, I want to do a Masters before I go on to do the LPC.

So, my question is, can I do a Masters in something non Law related (e.g. English, Business etc) and still do the LPC? Does my Masters have to be law related?

Presumably your first degree is an LLB?

Not sure a master will help you by rectifiying the 2:2, but it adds a little to your CV.
A masters is hit or miss, so whatever you do its a gamble. You will have to check with the firms you are interested in whether you can still apply if they have a min 2:1 requirement..

To answer your question, then theres nothing stopping you, except finance and time.
Whether it will significnatly improve things is very hit or miss.
Your MA can be anything, but they may query what led you to choose whatever it is , when or if you are interviewed. I'd make sure it was something useful.
On campus at University of Greenwich
University of Greenwich
London

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending