The Student Room Group

Japanese Society

Scroll to see replies

Omg finally! ここで長い間日本語でしゃべられなかった…

今朝、私はJASSOの奨学金について確認の手紙を受け取りました。本当にうれしいよ!
試験のために勉強しながら、日本語を練習しませんが、今ちょっと心配しています。全部忘れたような気がします。

じゃ、みんな元気でね!

Edit: Stupid TSR.

Omg finally! ここで長い間日 本語でしゃべられなかtta…

今朝、私はJASSOの奨学金 について確認の手紙をuketoriました。本当にureshiiよ!
試験のために勉強しなgaら、日本語を練習しまseんが、今ちょっと心配 しています。全部忘れtaような気がします。

じゃ、みんな元気でね!

That's not much better :P
(edited 12 years ago)
Check...

Hiragana:
あ い う え お
か き く け こ
さ し す せ そ
た ち つ て と
な に ぬ ね の
は ひ ふ へ ほ
ま み む め も
や   ゆ    よ
ら り る れ ろ
わ        を

が ぎ ぐ げ ご
ざ じ ず ぜ ぞ
だ じ づ で ど
ば び ぶ べ ぼ
ぱ ぴ ぷ ぺ ぽ

ゃ ゅ ょ

Katakana:
ア イ ウ エ オ
カ キ ク ケ コ
サ シ ス セ ソ
タ チ ツ テ ト
ナ ニ ヌ ネ ノ
ハ ヒ フ ヘ ホ
マ ミ ム メ モ
ヤ   ユ   ヨ
ラ リ ル レ ロ
ワ        ヲ

ガ ギ グ ゲ ゴ
ザ ジ ズ ゼ ゾ
ダ ヂ ジ デ ド
バ ビ ブ ベ ボ
パ ピ プ ペ ポ

ャ ュ ョ

Seems to be fine for katakana and hiragana.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 1582
Original post by screenager2004
Omg finally! ここで長い間日 本語でしゃべられなかtta…

今朝、私はJASSOの奨学金 について確認の手紙をuketoriました。本当にureshiiよ!
試験のために勉強しなgaら、日本語を練習しまseんが、今ちょっと心配 しています。全部忘れtaような気がします。

じゃ、みんな元気でね!

奨学金おめでとうござ います!!
全然忘れてないじゃな いですかw
これだけ話せれば十 分だと思いますよ^^
ちなみにscreenager2004さんはどうやって日本語覚 えたんですか?

By the way, try putting an English space before the messed up letter.
(文字化けした文字の 前に半角空白を入れる ことで文字化けを防ぐ ことができます) ← 日本語変?w
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by ash s
奨学金おめでとうござ います!!
全然忘れてないじゃな いですかw
これだけ話せれば十 分だと思いますよ^^
ちなみにscreenager2004さんはどうやって日本語覚 えたんですか?

by the way, try putting an english space before the messed up letter.
(文字化けした文字の 前に半角空白を入れる ことで文字化けを防ぐ ことができます) ← 日本語変?w

本当にありがとうござ います! ^^
私にとって、単語と 漢字 は忘れやすいようです ね!
単語のリストを繰り返 すと、できるだけ思い 出すようにしています
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 1584
皆さんの日本語はすごく 上手ですね(*^_^*)
びっくりしました笑
ここで日本語を使う なんて変ですよね(;・∀・)
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 1585
本当にありがとうござ います! ^^
私にとって、単語と 漢字 は忘れやすいようです ね!
単語のリストを繰り返 すと、できるだけ思い 出すようにしています

日本語を勉強している 人の多くは漢字で苦労 するみたいですね。
僕は日本語の小説や漫 画を読むことで常用漢 字のほとんどを覚えた んですが、まだ読めな い単語が多いです。
お互いに 頑張りましょう^^
Reply 1586
Original post by Phantom_X
Anyone here doing JLPT level 3 ? I am hopefully taking it in London in december although I doubt Ill pass it at this rate....grrrr

I'm planning to take it this year. Have you started studying for it yet? I'm not too sure about which textbooks I should buy since the new exams seems to have affected N3 the most. My grammar seems to have gotten so much worse over the two months I've stopped practising, I've got a lot of work to do this summer!

I love how we're able to write in Japanese just as my language bar decides to die on me :angry:
I've only just realised quite how easily you forget everything if you don't practise every day. I hadn't really touched Japanese for 6 weeks while I had my exams at uni. I've nearly got back to where I was before now. I'm really concerned about building my vocabulary - I think that a wide vocabulary will really aid you in comprehension and conversation. It's definitely my biggest flaw. But it's really hard to work out which words are really commonly used in every day conversation that are really useful and powerful.
Original post by Rei_Rei
I'm planning to take it this year. Have you started studying for it yet? I'm not too sure about which textbooks I should buy since the new exams seems to have affected N3 the most. My grammar seems to have gotten so much worse over the two months I've stopped practising, I've got a lot of work to do this summer!

I love how we're able to write in Japanese just as my language bar decides to die on me :angry:

ahah well im hoping to take the december sitting, but unfortunately i have forgotten so much japanese that this may not be possible ! I have started studying for it, although im using resources I had when i studied it in high school (most of these were booklets made by our teachers) although I have got one book which has sample JLPT papers. other than that, im mainly just trying to translate newspaper articles my friend has (she is japanese) using a dictionary and kanji cards. But yeah if im not feeling it by the time registration appears, ill probably opt for a summer sitting instead.
Reply 1589
I've only just realised quite how easily you forget everything if you don't practise every day. I hadn't really touched Japanese for 6 weeks while I had my exams at uni. I've nearly got back to where I was before now. I'm really concerned about building my vocabulary - I think that a wide vocabulary will really aid you in comprehension and conversation. It's definitely my biggest flaw. But it's really hard to work out which words are really commonly used in every day conversation that are really useful and powerful.

The most important thing is actually integrating Japanese into your everyday life.

For this, I think Twitter is a really good option. Ever since I started following Japanese people, my Japanese has improved significantly. You pretty much cover all bases at once: grammar, how natives converse, vocab, idioms, etc. This combined with Rikaikun (if you don't know what it is, Google it and get it ASAP :biggrin:) makes the process really nice and enjoyable.

It obviously depends on who you follow. I generally follow Japanese game developers and Street Fighter players so I tend to get topics on those, but they also post alot of random news, good places to eat, etc.

Lang8 and Youtube are also really good; You've got Lang8 :biggrin: But for others who don't, I really recommend it. In a nutshell, you create a blog and natives come and correct it for you, give you more natural options for what you wrote, etc. It's really, really good. Problem is finding a topic to blab on about, haha. YouTube pretty much covers all the speaking side of things.

I always used to worry about vocab, but really, you more you read/listen to Japanese, the more you pick up. What I do now is that everytime I hear I word I don't know the meaning of, I'll check it up on NihongoDict, Denshi Jisho and then make a mental note of it. I used to write it down in a little notepad but I never checked it though I might start doing that again since I'm starting to forget some, haha. Whatever works best. =]

It's kinda funny, one of my friends got a really high level of Japanese without picking up a single textbook. I can kinda see how now.

Random: 今日は不毛すぎたなー
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by fait
The most important thing is actually integrating Japanese into your everyday life.

For this, I think Twitter is a really good option. Ever since I started following Japanese people, my Japanese has improved significantly. You pretty much cover all bases at once: grammar, how natives converse, vocab, idioms, etc. This combined with Rikaikun (if you don't know what it is, Google it and get it ASAP :biggrin:) makes the process really nice and enjoyable.

It obviously depends on who you follow. I generally follow Japanese game developers and Street Fighter players so I tend to get topics on those, but they also post alot of random news, good places to eat, etc.

Lang8 and Youtube are also really good; You've got Lang8 :biggrin: But for others who don't, I really recommend it. In a nutshell, you create a blog and natives come and correct it for you, give you more natural options for what you wrote, etc. It's really, really good. Problem is finding a topic to blab on about, haha. YouTube pretty much covers all the speaking side of things.

I always used to worry about vocab, but really, you more you read/listen to Japanese, the more you pick up. What I do now is that everytime I hear I word I don't know the meaning of, I'll check it up on NihongoDict, Denshi Jisho and then make a mental note of it. I used to write it down in a little notepad but I never checked it though I might start doing that again since I'm starting to forget some, haha. Whatever works best. =]

It's kinda funny, one of my friends got a really high level of Japanese without picking up a single textbook. I can kinda see how now.

Random: 今日は不毛すぎたなー

Hehe thank you! I haven't taken advantage of twitter yet, I'll definitely start that.
The thing that worries me is you don't know what kind of person you're picking up words from, they might speak like a gangster or in a twee way, or like a preppy type. It's a bit weird being a completely blank slate!
Reply 1591
Original post by fait

Yeah, I've never used a single textbook either. I don't see the point of learning from textbooks when there's a whole wealth of native Japanese media etc available on internet which you can use. I basically just spend my time now watching Japanese TV programs, reading Japanese websites/manga/books and talking to natives on Skype. I think just surrounding yourself with the language all the time like this is a great way to learn.
Reply 1592
Hehe thank you! I haven't taken advantage of twitter yet, I'll definitely start that.
The thing that worries me is you don't know what kind of person you're picking up words from, they might speak like a gangster or in a twee way, or like a preppy type. It's a bit weird being a completely blank slate!

It's really good but it can be annoying at times. There was this Street Fighter player who I followed who tweeted ALL THE TIME about random stuff: 'I'm hungry' or 'I'm tired!' etc. Seriously, dude had like 36,000 tweets or something. I had to remove him because I literally couldn't see anyone's posts but his on my feed.

Yeah, that's true, but I dunno, you kinda get a feel for things after awhile. Like, how girls usually end sentences no, wa, kashira or how they use -nasai instead of the imperative form and how guys usually end sentences with na, kana, zo, ze use darou instead of deshou etc. It really helps when emulating how they speak.

Actually, Tae Kim has a good page sentence endings (His entire guide is actually amazing!):

http://www.guidetojapanese.org/learn/grammar/gobi

Original post by Ash S
Yeah, I've never used a single textbook either. I don't see the point of learning from textbooks when there's a whole wealth of native Japanese media etc available on internet which you can use. I basically just spend my time now watching Japanese TV programs, reading Japanese websites/manga/books and talking to natives on Skype. I think just surrounding yourself with the language all the time like this is a great way to learn.

Yep, I pretty much agree with this wholeheartedly. Besides, I get bored as hell going through my books, haha. I still use them from time to time, Basic Kanji Book is actually really good for learning Kanji. Props to you though, I used to think textbooks were the answer. What a fool I was. :lol:
(edited 12 years ago)
Would memorising all the kana before you start to learn grammar and vocabulary and all of that be a good idea? :unsure: I really want to learn Japanese, but I feel a bit unsure on how to start. And I don't really want to spend money on classes (yet) when I don't know if they'd even be necessary to learn the language. :dontknow:

I'm reading through this thread at the moment. Will take a while, but I'm all interested in learning about Japanese culture too. :smile: I might want to go to Japan for a bit when I have finished uni or during summer. Although I'd like to go to soooo many places. And it all costs money. And I need a job sometime. :colonhash:

Anyways... yeah, it'll be a long way until I can speak/write/understand Japanese, but my mind is set on it now.

Konnichiwa to all of you. :h:
Reply 1594
日本語は本当にあまりすごく言語だと思います。全部感じとかなが驚くべきだよー。そして日本の音楽と文化とアート(とアニメ:biggrin:)と言語は珍しい世界の価値ですね。:japan:
Reply 1595
Original post by BeyondandAbove
Would memorising all the kana before you start to learn grammar and vocabulary and all of that be a good idea? :unsure: I really want to learn Japanese, but I feel a bit unsure on how to start. And I don't really want to spend money on classes (yet) when I don't know if they'd even be necessary to learn the language. :dontknow:

I'm reading through this thread at the moment. Will take a while, but I'm all interested in learning about Japanese culture too. :smile: I might want to go to Japan for a bit when I have finished uni or during summer. Although I'd like to go to soooo many places. And it all costs money. And I need a job sometime. :colonhash:

Anyways... yeah, it'll be a long way until I can speak/write/understand Japanese, but my mind is set on it now.

Konnichiwa to all of you. :h:

Yes. A thousand times yes. Romaji = bad.

There was a thread not long ago made by somebody who wanted to start learning Japanese too. There are quite a few suggestions of websites, books and stuff to get into it.

edit: I've reported the bug in the thread in which the non-roman character support bug was reported, so hopefully they'll find out what's happening and fix it.
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by Xurvi
Yes. A thousand times yes. Romaji = bad.

There was a thread not long ago made by somebody who wanted to start learning Japanese too. There are quite a few suggestions of websites, books and stuff to get into it.

edit: I've reported the bug in the thread in which the non-roman character support bug was reported, so hopefully they'll find out what's happening and fix it.

I guess if you know the syllabaries by heart you also know romaji (just an assumption).
I found lovely tables of hiragana and katakana and how to write them, so gonna start learning them.

At least something I can do while I have no Internet in my flat :p:

Edit: Well, I have about 15 hiragana down after a day. Oddly enough, whenever I draw め, it looks like a pretzel. :colonhash:
It's all a bit daunting, but I like challenges.
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by fait
Japan Centre/Rice Wine Shop if you live in London and maybe Japanese food shops if you don't?

キタ!僕たちの日本語だ! <3

皆さん最近はどうだ?

あるとしても高すぎるから買わないかも。

…Japan Centreってところが「黒」すぎるよ…商品が法外に高いし、賞味期限に近い物がほとんどだし…お得感がぜんぜんない…買う気もあんまり出ない。

イギリスに帰る前にマカオに飲み尽くすよ!
Reply 1598
Japanese test tomorrow :frown:
Any tips for how to revise everything in one hour? I have no free time at the moment :frown:
Sorry to hi-jack your thread but...

Would anyone be able to translate this for me? I would like to double check what it says:

Quick Reply

Latest