The Student Room Group

Getting an ensuite accomodation via Clearing

So in the case that I get rejected by both my uni's on results day (both my firm and insurance are the same grades) and have to go through clearing, are there ever any spaces for ensuite accomodations to get via clearing or would you be guaranteed to be sharing bathrooms?
Reply 1
Depends on multiple things. Mostly on how uni gives out the places, how many ensuites are there compared to number of students and how many students rent out elsewhere.

My uni allocates rooms to most of the students at the same time prior to clearing. Then students either accept it and are ensured a place of that specific room or reject it and are put at the end of the line or taken off the list. So if one of the students who was assigned an ensuite ended up refusing the room, that room would move to the people on the waiting list which includes clearing students.

Obviously tho, you can't really be picky because most rooms are already taken. There is a chance that you may get an ensuite even going through clearing but don't hope too much for it.
Original post by tcameron
So in the case that I get rejected by both my uni's on results day (both my firm and insurance are the same grades) and have to go through clearing, are there ever any spaces for ensuite accomodations to get via clearing or would you be guaranteed to be sharing bathrooms?

Very few universities are able to offer any room to students going through clearing, let alone an ensuite, so you'd be lucky to get any uni owned room tbh. If there are private halls in the town or city nearly all of them tend to be ensuite and they usually still have some last minute place left.
I have an en-suite room I'm giving up at Lincoln uni if you're going there (long shot I know) :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending