Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Is it me?

Announcements Posted on
Why bother with a post grad? Are they even worth it? Have your say! 26-10-2016
    • Thread Starter

    I can keep friendships. 90% of the time they betray me and the other 10% of the time they don't care about me. I treat people how I want to be treated, I want to believe that people are good and trustworthy, but they let me down time and time again.

    (I've accepted that I sound like a pussy right now)

    This always happens to me and I can't help but believe that it is me that is the problem. Does anyone have the same issue?
    • Thread Starter

    ^ I can't keep*

    I have had the exact same issue till last year when I became really good friends with my current bestfriend. Tbh I dont really know how to help, other than saying I hope you find a friend who is true to you soon. This is very relateable though. x

    Hey, Maybe try tweaking your outlook a tiny bit? For instance, you can still treat people like you want to be treated,believing that people are good and trustworthy etc. yet be aware that some people can take that for granted. Not all individuals are as compatible to ourselves as we sometimes want them to be. They could have different ideas about friendship and that's okay.Personally, for me it was always easy to gain many acquaintances but was really hard to find good friends. Luckily I've got a few. You have to be very observant around people- things that they say, their certain actions could give you indications whether to hold on to them or let them go. Sometimes letting other people go at an earlier stage of a relationship could result in better things! hope this helps

    I'm not interesting enough to have gotten to that point where someone actually betrays me.
Write a reply…


Submit reply


Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

    6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

  4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: August 3, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

What were/are your predicted grades?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.