The Student Room Group

Is it me?

I can keep friendships. 90% of the time they betray me and the other 10% of the time they don't care about me. I treat people how I want to be treated, I want to believe that people are good and trustworthy, but they let me down time and time again.

(I've accepted that I sound like a pussy right now)

This always happens to me and I can't help but believe that it is me that is the problem. Does anyone have the same issue?
Reply 1
^ I can't keep*
I have had the exact same issue till last year when I became really good friends with my current bestfriend. Tbh I dont really know how to help, other than saying I hope you find a friend who is true to you soon. This is very relateable though. :smile: x
Hey, Maybe try tweaking your outlook a tiny bit? For instance, you can still treat people like you want to be treated,believing that people are good and trustworthy etc. yet be aware that some people can take that for granted. Not all individuals are as compatible to ourselves as we sometimes want them to be. They could have different ideas about friendship and that's okay.Personally, for me it was always easy to gain many acquaintances but was really hard to find good friends. Luckily I've got a few. You have to be very observant around people- things that they say, their certain actions could give you indications whether to hold on to them or let them go. Sometimes letting other people go at an earlier stage of a relationship could result in better things! hope this helps
I'm not interesting enough to have gotten to that point where someone actually betrays me.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending