The Student Room Group

Grammar schools to return

Scroll to see replies

Original post by ByEeek
Any particular reason you replied to a two year old thread?

Incidentally, how do you feel about all of your peers who didn't get into grammar school, who won't see their grades go up and who don't have high expectations placed on them?

Why not? You saw it and so will others. About my peers, I never said anything about high expectations and high grades in my reply? As I said, I do not attend a comprehensive school so as far as I know, it could be exactly the same.
Reply 301
Original post by niteninja1
Theresa May is set to remove the ban on grammar schools.

http://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/uknews/theresa-may-to-end-ban-on-new-grammar-schools/ar-BBvkxT1?li=BBoPRmx

Are you happy or angry

If anyone knew anything about how grammar schools actually operates then you’d know that they aren’t beneficial. Disproportionately high numbers of middle class children go, girls actually end up at a disadvantage because they perform better at entrance exams, and it makes children who don’t go to grammar schools ‘failures’. My father went to a grammar school and even he wouldn’t like to see their return. Let’s fix state education first, let everyone regardless of how well they perform at entrance exams have access to fantastic education.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending