The Student Room Group

Keele Medicine Entry 2017

Scroll to see replies

Hi guys, I am happy to say that I have been invited on Jan 4th to interviews, I actually received the email on my way up to an interview last week at Hull-York so that was a good confidence boost ha. They say it will consist of 11 - 5min MMI stations. Can anyone shed some light on what these might involve?

Thanks

Also I think they maybe do graduates earlier, I know some schools say they do for sure.

Stats:

Graduate with 2:1 BEng and 1st Masters in Biochemical Engineering
Had AAB in Bio, Physics and Chem.
686 UKCAT average with band 2

Wrk Experience: I maxed out the 160 hours
- 1 month shadowing plastic surgeons
- couple of days with a GP
- Some more doctor shadowing days in A&E, Oncology and CardioThoracic Surgery
- Volunteered on a ward a few hours every few weeks for 2 years at school
- Been working as an HCA since Jan full time in London.
Hey guys can any keele medics suggest a place to stay the night before interview? Somewhere close enough to get a taxi to the interview in the morning. Thank you
Original post by ellen111
Hey guys can any keele medics suggest a place to stay the night before interview? Somewhere close enough to get a taxi to the interview in the morning. Thank you

Hey, I'm an applicant like yourself but Keele has a conference hotel on campus available for visitors to book into, you can find details for this here:

http://www.keelemanagementcentre.co.uk

Best of luck for your interview!
Keele got my hopes up with that seasons greeting email pahaha
Original post by juliethecool

You're not the only one!!! Heart jumped when I saw '[email protected]' haha!
Original post by Phoenix_96
You're not the only one!!! Heart jumped when I saw '[email protected]' haha!

Haha, yeah same! So, I'm guessing Keele are done with giving interviews out this year :/
Haha, yeah same! So, I'm guessing Keele are done with giving interviews out this year :/

Most probably yes, I'm not expecting any more contact from any of my choices now until January. Fingers crossed for 2017!!
Has anyone tried the sample maths test yet? If so, could you do it in 30mins?
Wowee, 2 heart attacks in the space of 10 minutes! Although this second email doesn't have me worrying so much (:
(edited 7 years ago)
Aha my heart skipped a beat when I saw the emails!

Same as me >< I received two season's greeting emails in 15 minutes. I was so scared when I opened them! I hope they will give out more offers in the coming weeks:smile::smile:Good luck everyone
Reply 191
I thought the seasons greeting email was for them to give the interview in spirit of the festive season XD LOL
For the interview when and the maths section- is it really just a 5/20 pass mark? and is it harder or easier than the sample questions on the website?
Original post by Boo_Ayres13
For the interview when and the maths section- is it really just a 5/20 pass mark? and is it harder or easier than the sample questions on the website?

I think so, I was just googling it as I haven't done maths since year 11 (3 years ago) haha but I am now not as worried as it looks like UKCAT maths
I got an interview email invitation on the 19th December and found out by email then track, mine is 5th Jan
Original post by HannahMusgrave
I think so, I was just googling it as I haven't done maths since year 11 (3 years ago) haha but I am now not as worried as it looks like UKCAT maths

same ahah I havent done maths for bloody ages :P hopefully its nothing too extreme , plus we do atleast get a calculator thank god
I don't know how Keele do MMIs either as all universities are different! I had one at George's at really enjoyed the set up but hated some of the questions! George always do role play but I don't think Keele do? Do you know much about their set up?
What is everyone using to revise for tge test
Reply 198
I have an interview this week , shame there isn't more on the maths as practice. Dreading the mmi
Same here i have it on wednesday.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending