The Student Room Group

my future has suddenly become more exciting and scary!

Hi all i am 34 mother of 2 small children and have worked as an administrator since leaving school (16 years omg) i have been unable to pursue an acedemic career until now and all though i am apprehensive I am also excited about what the future holds. It would be really nice to chat with like minded people who like myself are on a new journey in their lives
Hi I'm 29 and mum to 3 I worked from 16 until I became a stay at home mum 8years ago, I've done a few modules with the open uni in preparation but am still a tad anxious but also very excited lol

What are you hoping to study?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2
Original post by MDouglas
Hi I'm 29 and mum to 3 I worked from 16 until I became a stay at home mum 8years ago, I've done a few modules with the open uni in preparation but am still a tad anxious but also very excited lol

What are you hoping to study?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hi i am starting Derby uni social work you? Yes very exciting but nervous
Reply 3
Hi, I'm 29 and up until now I've been unable to commit to academic study. Initially because of mental health difficulties and then financial constraints. But I've finally made it to this point and I start psychology at Lincoln in a few weeks :smile: excited and terrified!
Reply 4
Whoop whoop :party:

Congratulations!

What will you be studying?
Original post by beck12
Hi all i am 34 mother of 2 small children and have worked as an administrator since leaving school (16 years omg) i have been unable to pursue an acedemic career until now and all though i am apprehensive I am also excited about what the future holds. It would be really nice to chat with like minded people who like myself are on a new journey in their lives

Hi very similar situation here, both children under 3 years old, have been working since I left school and now about to start an access to science course at the age of 30.

Nervous and excited at the same time, good luck :smile:
Reply 6
Thank you, good luck to you 2, the only issue is going to be juggling studies with the children
Nice I have two kids myself, but I am the man of the house. Looking also to persue a few qualifications via DL but tbh I already work in my chosen industry.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 8
Good luck to all of you on your new adventure 😀😀

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by beck12
Hi i am starting Derby uni social work you? Yes very exciting but nervous

Hi ahh exciting times, its a good nervous and I'm sure you'll be past that quickly once you get started, I'm in the process of getting my application together to apply for 2017 entry hoping to do children's nursing :smile:
Reply 10
I'm in a similar situation. My daughter is 2 and I'm starting university on Monday for a 4 year degree in teaching. I'm so nervous but less about lessons and timetables and more about the logistics of collecting her from her nursery and getting her home for dinner etc...

Good luck with your studies!
Reply 11
Wow tsr has ****s who knew 😱

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending