The Student Room Group

Job prospects - Masters in Psychology

Hi

Just looking for some advice please!
After studying counselling for 2 years (just levels 2 and 3) I've decidedI'd like to do a masters possibly in Psychology (my undergrad degree is unrelated) What job roles are out there with such a masters? I'd really like to work in mental health.
Thanks for any help!
P'S I'd to work after the masters, so wouldn't be looking for further study.
(edited 7 years ago)
Have you got some ideas about things you'd like to do? Maybe have a look at the job profiles to see what is required and whether you will meet those requirements.
Reply 2
Original post by mookieblaylock
Hi

Just looking for some advice please!
After studying counselling for 2 years (just levels 2 and 3) I've decidedI'd like to do a masters possibly in Psychology (my undergrad degree is unrelated) What job roles are out there with such a masters? I'd really like to work in mental health.
Thanks for any help!
P'S I'd to work after the masters, so wouldn't be looking for further study.

I'm in a very similar position to you. I have a Psychology degree from a few years back. I also have just finished the Level 3 counselling and would like to do something related to counselling but I also really enjoyed my Psychology degree. Since the Post Grad loan scheme started this year I decided to apply for a Masters in Psychology - Clinical and Forensic. I was accepted and start in September. It's full time for one year and it provides a qualification to allow you to apply for Assistant Psychology posts. My plan is to do this course - apply for work and gain some experience and then look at studying further a few years down the line (if circumstance allows) to qualify for a Psychologist post. The MSc I'm on is at Newcastle Uni and costs about £5500 on a student loan. Hope this helps.
You could do a masters in counselling.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending