The Student Room Group

I...am...the...Foreign...Secretary...

Do anyone else find David Milliband REALLY irritating? Listening to him or watching him on television is sooo boring and annoying! Remember the old Blair pauses between little bits of speeches, slowing things down, smiling in between - irritating, but one could listen to Blair until about 2004 and be persuaded. Milliband just takes it to a new level - pausing between every bloody word - ''I...believe (long pause) that foreign policy...(another long pause)...presents some....difficult (long pause)..." YAWN! And he doesn't even smile! He just has this contorted look on his face like he's trying to work out an equation of quantum physics or something. Uhhg. I just don't get all the hype about him - to think that a few months ago people were touting him as a possible challenger to Gordon Brown! Can you imagine that fop as Prime Minister?! And his hair is also very annoying - like a teddy bear.

I don't have anything personal against young Mr. Milliband, I just want him to go away and stop irritating me.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I find the Milibands sexy. I don't like the grey in his hair though, that lil bit at the front. Miliband is very clever. They both are. I love the Milibands. Long live the Milibands.
I like him. :biggrin:
Reply 3
Invocation
I like him. :biggrin:

Me too!
Reply 4
Same, he's cool.

But to say he's sexy, well, that's just...just, wrong! :p:
Reply 5
Ezekiel
I find the Milibands sexy. I don't like the grey in his hair though, that lil bit at the front. Miliband is very clever. They both are. I love the Milibands. Long live the Milibands.

Ditto!
I would like to see millabond turn into a female frog and have it off with someone, may make his dulcet tones gain my intrest....
Reply 7
You're all mad. MAD. Andy Burnham, the new Chief Secretary to the Treasury, is the young man to look out for. As for Ed Milliband, well - Ruby Wax + David Schwimmer (Ross from Friends) = Ed Milliband.
empfrench
You're all mad. MAD. Andy Burnham, the new Chief Secretary to the Treasury, is the young man to look out for. As for Ed Milliband, well - Ruby Wax + David Schwimmer (Ross from Friends) = Ed Milliband.

How exactly are you looking out for Mr Burnham? With rose tinted lenses by any chance?
Reply 9
RK89
How exactly are you looking out for Mr Burnham? With rose tinted lenses by any chance?

:eek: Hey! I look GREAT in those shades! Although Mr. Burnham has nothing whatsoever to do with them. Remember my advice in 15 years when Andy is a BIG BEAST, the Mbands are writing dreary Fabian tracts. BIG. Burnham. :wink:
empfrench
:eek: Hey! I look GREAT in those shades! Although Mr. Burnham has nothing whatsoever to do with them. Remember my advice in 15 years when Andy is a BIG BEAST, the Mbands are writing dreary Fabian tracts. BIG. Burnham. :wink:

Your sounding lustful in that speech... Are you going to tame the big beast?
Reply 11
I like him, he doesnt sound like he has anyhting to hide, he comes across as very truthful.
Reply 12
It'll be impossible. He'll be too BIG. Positively Ken Clarkeish.
empfrench
It'll be impossible. He'll be too BIG. Positively Ken Clarkeish.

How exactly are you going to play with my MP?
Reply 14
RK89
How exactly are you going to play with my MP?

Who is your MP? Big Ken, or soon-to-be-BIG Andy?
empfrench
Who is your MP? Big Ken, or soon-to-be-BIG Andy?

Big Ken. The question is, how big are you going to make his cucumber...?
Reply 16
RK89
Big Ken. The question is, how big are you going to make his cucumber...?

I think I'll leave both Ken, and his cucumber well alone. Which is exactly what I wish the Foreign Secretary would do for all of us.
empfrench
I think I'll leave both Ken, and his cucumber well alone. Which is exactly what I wish the Foreign Secretary would do for all of us.

Oh are you giving the foriegn secretarys cucumber a wriggle, did you say?
Reply 18
Miliband is trying to copy Blair, and it just isn't going to work. I sincerely hope the days of creating 'an image' are over. It was Thatcher that brought in such nonsense with Saatchi and Saatchi. It's time for Labour to show that we are serious politicians, and above this kind of shameless activity. Just say what you think man! He puts on such a front that it's impossible to tell if he's with Brown or plotting his future as the next leader.

And the thought of Ken's cucumber is quite enough to put one off one's dinner.:mad:
Reply 19
Dionysus
Miliband is trying to copy Blair, and it just isn't going to work. I sincerely hope the days of creating 'an image' are over. It was Thatcher that brought in such nonsense with Saatchi and Saatchi. It's time for Labour to show that we are serious politicians, and above this kind of shameless activity. Just say what you think man! He puts on such a front that it's impossible to tell if he's with Brown or plotting his future as the next leader.

And the thought of Ken's cucumber is quite enough to put one off one's dinner.:mad:

Here! Here!

The whole 'heir to Blair' thing ignore the facts that the man is/was deeply unpopular and that one of the big reasons for his unpopularity was the spin and lack of substance. Hence Cameron flailing in the poles, and substantial Gordon riding high. Long may it continue.

Latest

Trending

Trending