The Student Room Group

I'm so scared for freshers, because I hate clubbing! HELP

I have never ever been massively into clubbing. I find it claustrophobic and horrible with so many people. Don't get me wrong, I like alcohol as much as any student, but I would prefer to stay in with a bottle of wine or find a small cocktail bar in town. However I am so scared and nervous that if i do not go out clubbing in freshers, that I will be lonely for my entire first year of university. Does anyone else have similar views? PLEASE HELP
I haven't clubbed a single time in my 4 years at uni, and I still have a social life and great friends. You'll be fine :smile:
Reply 2
Original post by Pickle65
I have never ever been massively into clubbing. I find it claustrophobic and horrible with so many people. Don't get me wrong, I like alcohol as much as any student, but I would prefer to stay in with a bottle of wine or find a small cocktail bar in town. However I am so scared and nervous that if i do not go out clubbing in freshers, that I will be lonely for my entire first year of university. Does anyone else have similar views? PLEASE HELP

Don't worry too much. Not all students go clubbing, and besides you still have society (which a lot of people make friends from there).
Reply 3
Freshers week isn't all about clubbing.

Check out the events your SU are organising, a lot of unis have meet ups or social events during the day during freshers week so you can go to those

You dont have to go. there might be a few arranged nights, but not compulsory.

There will be plenty of people with a similar outlook.

Hello :biggrin:

It doesn't matter that you don't like clubbing and I can tell you now, get the thought out of your heard that if you don't like clubbing you'll be alone for the entirety of First Year. I'm answering so many of these threads on a daily basis and it's starting to upset me that so many people think that friendship making at university is based on clubbing and drinking.

It honestly doesn't matter, do what makes you comfortable and go where you want to go. People will respect you for your views and what you want to do - you'll meet people who feel the same as you.

Best of luck :smile:

I'm in the same boat as you. I've never actually been clubbing but the chlaustraphobia of school discos was bad enough for me. I like to be able to see and hear the person i'm speaking to, rather than shouting at them!
There are different things to do in freshers though and you're far from the only person who doesn't like clubbing. It will be fine :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending