The Student Room Group
Inside University of Bristol
University of Bristol
Bristol

university of bristol fresher's week not into clubbing

hey guys! i'll be going to bristol in september and recently everyone has been talking about fresher's week (especially the partying and going out side). the thing is, i'm not really into that, i would much rather have a chill get together evening kinda thing :smile: i'm just scared that it will hinder my ability to get to know people? Do you guys have any tips? And is anybody going to bristol this septemeber in the same boat? It would be great to get to know each other! Thanksss

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by zarraa23
hey guys! i'll be going to bristol in september and recently everyone has been talking about fresher's week (especially the partying and going out side). the thing is, i'm not really into that, i would much rather have a chill get together evening kinda thing :smile: i'm just scared that it will hinder my ability to get to know people? Do you guys have any tips? And is anybody going to bristol this septemeber in the same boat? It would be great to get to know each other! Thanksss

Probably the best thing to do is go to your cultural society events or something similar n try to meet ppl there who share the same morals as u
Inside University of Bristol
University of Bristol
Bristol
Reply 2

Hi! I'm going to uni of bristol in september and am in the same boat. I don't mind social drinks but am not the biggest fan of clubbing. As far as I know, the SU has loads of low/no alcahol events running throughout freshers week which might be worth checking out, some do cost money but a good number don't!
Itd be great to get to know each other esp as we have similar opinions on clubbing! What course are you studying? Im taking Physics!
Reply 3
Original post by Sdrew16
Hi! I'm going to uni of bristol in september and am in the same boat. I don't mind social drinks but am not the biggest fan of clubbing. As far as I know, the SU has loads of low/no alcahol events running throughout freshers week which might be worth checking out, some do cost money but a good number don't!
Itd be great to get to know each other esp as we have similar opinions on clubbing! What course are you studying? Im taking Physics!

hey! i’ll send you a message :smile:
Reply 4
hey! i’ll send you a message :smile:

hi, i got the message but my account is not working properly and i cant pm people. ive sent you a follow request about 5 mins ago! id love to chat more!

same here! i like a drink once in a while but clubbing/partying/going out isnt really my thing, like you i prefer more relaxed settings with less crowds. would be good to chat if possible especially if you know any others in the same boat :smile:
hiii! im with you on this too im also a little scared about not wanting to go to bars and clubs but i think that there will be more people like us around
Reply 7
Original post by beabadoobee
hiii! im with you on this too im also a little scared about not wanting to go to bars and clubs but i think that there will be more people like us around

hey!! yes definitely! btw guessing from your username, are you a fan of beabadoobee?
I'm not a big fan of clubbing. I was dragged (kicking and screaming haha) by my ex a few times to clubs and it just wasn't my thing. Too crowded, too loud, dislike the music, not a big fan of dancing, I like alcohol myself but I don't like just how drunk everyone is, the bathrooms are really dirty and oh, what's that? Well it's a psycho snorting some drugs from a toilet seat! Clubs are really grim places if you actually look at them with sober eyes...

You're not alone in not being a big fan of clubbing or partying, as you can see from my post and others from this thread. I'm sure you'll be able to find like-minded people in university, or at the very least be able to join the people going to clubbing in their pre-club shenanigans - they generally do involve alcohol but it tends to be a more relaxed, chilling out affair. That bit I did like.

Hope you have a blast at Bristol!
(edited 8 months ago)
Reply 9
Original post by Scotland Yard
I'm not a big fan of clubbing. I was dragged (kicking and screaming haha) by my ex a few times to clubs and it just wasn't my thing. Too crowded, too loud, dislike the music, not a big fan of dancing, I like alcohol myself but I don't like just how drunk everyone is, the bathrooms are really dirty and oh, what's that? Well it's a psycho snorting some drugs from a toilet seat! Clubs are really rim places if you actually look at them with sober eyes...

You're not alone in not being a big fan of clubbing or partying, as you can see from my post and others from this thread. I'm sure you'll be able to find like-minded people in university, or at the very least be able to join the people going to clubbing in their pre-club shenanigans - they generally do involve alcohol but it tends to be a more relaxed, chilling out affair. That bit I did like.

Hope you have a blast at Bristol!

thank you so much! this reassured me a lot :smile:
hey!! yes definitely! btw guessing from your username, are you a fan of beabadoobee?

I AM love her music so much
Reply 11
I AM love her music so much

omgg i like her songs a lot toooo btw do you want to exchange instas? i’m @zaraowennn
omgg i like her songs a lot toooo btw do you want to exchange instas? i’m @zaraowennn

i just followed you!! i dont want to post my insta on here but my display name is just “<3”
Reply 13
i just followed you!! i dont want to post my insta on here but my display name is just “<3”

got it!!
Reply 14
hey! i'm going to bristol too and i'm feeling the same way. it'd be great to get to know each other if that's okay with you :smile:
Original post by megpar
hey! i'm going to bristol too and i'm feeling the same way. it'd be great to get to know each other if that's okay with you :smile:

seconded :smile:
Reply 16
yes totally! you can add me on Instagram (@zaraowennn) and we can talk there :c)

i just followed you, my insta’s @megan.paa :smile:
Reply 17
hi i'm in the exact same boat and it'd be great to know a couple people before moving in! could we get to know eachother? :smile:
Reply 18
Original post by k4ytee
hi i'm in the exact same boat and it'd be great to know a couple people before moving in! could we get to know eachother? :smile:

of course!! we can talk on instagram if you want, my user is @zaraowennn
Reply 19
If you guys are looking to join a Sober Socials whatsapp group, just add my snapchat @nu4sm, and dm me your number.

Also, if you haven't heard of it already, there is an app called Unifi with an orange/white logo that has over 1000 new Bristol students if you want to talk to other students.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending