The Student Room Group

Accommodation and safety

I am soon moving as a staff to the University of Essex and would like to ask about safe neighborhoods to live in close to the university. For example, is Marine House a safe place? If not, could you please suggest some areas to look into for a girl living alone?
Original post by wafaHH
I am soon moving as a staff to the University of Essex and would like to ask about safe neighborhoods to live in close to the university. For example, is Marine House a safe place? If not, could you please suggest some areas to look into for a girl living alone?

Hey @wafaHH

Congratulations on your new job, what will you be doing at Essex?

Marine House is in a safe area, located close to the student accommodation blocks the Maltings and the Quays which are about a 15 minute walk from the main campus. You're not far from the big Tesco supermarket as well which is convenient if you don't drive.

If you haven't seen a map of the campus yet, check it out at the below link:
https://findyourway.essex.ac.uk/

Quays and Maltings are at the top left of the map in the blue section to give you an idea of the location of Marine House and how far from the main campus buildings (which are in squares 1-5 in green on the map)

If you drive, the campus is also close to the small town of Wivenhoe. I live in Ardleigh which is less than 10 minutes drive from campus, avoiding town centre traffic.

Best wishes
Essex Student Rep - Hayley

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending