The Student Room Group

So lonley?

Meet so many from other Universities and think i would really be great friends with them.

I study Law, and everyone i really would like to be friends with goes to more creative uni's. I feel like i'll never meet these people after uni? I just feel like after uni i'm going to be so lost…i don't know what to do
Original post by lousmithy
Meet so many from other Universities and think i would really be great friends with them.

I study Law, and everyone i really would like to be friends with goes to more creative uni's. I feel like i'll never meet these people after uni? I just feel like after uni i'm going to be so lost…i don't know what to do

You said you don't want to do law - perhaps a masters in another field is an opportunity for you to apply to a 'creative uni'?

Go to creative meetups, hobby groups etc outside of uni?
I go to A really scientific uni where I thought I wouldn't find any creative people who were also into the arts and fashion like me, but sometimes you just naturally find people like minded to you. Most of the other people I'm friends with here are into vintage, arts etc as well.
In lectures etc if you see someone wearing something call complement them and ask them more about it or w/e.
Join fine arts societies if your uni has them
Meet as many people as you can, the only way you're going to easily find people you'll get along with is if you meet a lot of people- so your probability will increase
Yoga society
Wear things and do things that are true to your personality and who you are

Hi, you'll make friends at uni regardless of what type of university you go to.

You don't have to make them on your course. You might find really amazing people in a society or club that you have joined. Or in other courses.

I study law too, I have a few friends and acquaintances on my course, and mostly my other friends are on other courses etc.

Go to university with an open mind, don't have this mental schema painting out an ideal type of friend. Im sure you'll meet amazing people at university.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending