The Student Room Group

gyg - making the most of my education + 2024 goal list :)

i’m finally doing this (had this acc for ages and never used it loll)

hiya :smile: i’ve been seeing these and wanted to start but w/ everything uni wise i’ve only go around to it (ty @emm4nuella for getting me motivated to start <3)

lil basic info:
subjects: chem, physics (both OCR A) and maths (Edexcel)
predicted grades: ABB [aiming for AAB minimum for exams but we'll see]
uni degree: civil engineering
unis: Edinburgh (firm), Essex (insurance)

currently we in academic grind so lesgoo
(edited 1 week ago)

Scroll to see replies

Original post by MP_25

hiya :smile: i’ve been seeing these and wanted to start but w/ everything uni wise i’ve only go around to it (ty @emm4nuella for getting me motivated to start <3)

li basic info:
predicted grades: ABB/BBB [hopefully I get closer to AAA for exams but it is what it iss]
uni degree i want to study: chem or civil engineering
unis applied for: Edinburgh (Civil Eng), Essex (Civil Eng), Sheffield (Chemistry) , Southampton (Chemistry), Surrey (Civil Eng)

I’m going to try actually keep up and update every day with to do’s / uni offers but yh lets see how we go :smile:

heyaaaa so excited that you are finally doing this! here are my fellow gyg buddies, who will also love your forum ❤️ @oliviapope1 @Jieay20 @toothysmile @thrivingfrog @kayleigh_t.27 @rowan_willow @erin11 @flowersinmyhair @pineapple1865 @ActiveEccentric :biggrin:!
Reply 2
dec 6th:
im impatiently checking ucas ALL the TIME (its concerning)
butttt having everything uni wise handed in means i have time for all the schoolwork i’ve been half focusing on
to do:

physics and chem consolidation :’) - A2 chem is killing me (acids and buffers specifically) but organic is my LOVE

maths mini-test revision sheet - trig and compound angles cause we got a test on friday oof

Original post by MP_25

li basic info:
predicted grades: ABB/BBB [hopefully I get closer to AAA for exams but it is what it iss]
unis applied for: Edinburgh (Civil Eng), Essex (Civil Eng), Sheffield (Chemistry) , Southampton (Chemistry), Surrey (Civil Eng)

I’m going to try actually keep up and update every day with to do’s / uni offers but yh lets see how we go :smile:

Welcome to Grow Your Grades :smile: We are so happy for to have you!
Original post by MP_25
dec 6th:
im impatiently checking ucas ALL the TIME (its concerning)
butttt having everything uni wise handed in means i have time for all the schoolwork i’ve been half focusing on
to do:

physics and chem consolidation :’) - A2 chem is killing me (acids and buffers specifically) but organic is my LOVE

maths mini-test revision sheet - trig and compound angles cause we got a test on friday oof

Hahah I feel you with the obsessive ucas checking! Luckily I've got all the offers I'll get before January now so I've stopped checking :lol:
Reply 5
Original post by thrivingfrog
Hahah I feel you with the obsessive ucas checking! Luckily I've got all the offers I'll get before January now so I've stopped checking :lol:

ooh congrats on your offers :smile:
wish i was at that point but tbf i only got my ucas submitted last friday so i've only got 4/5 confirmation emails for my application being sent yet
i'm hoping i get at least one before the holidays but i actually don't know how long i'll have to wait cause they're all the automated "we'll respond as soon as we can to offers" 😅
Original post by MP_25

ooh congrats on your offers :smile:
wish i was at that point but tbf i only got my ucas submitted last friday so i've only got 4/5 confirmation emails for my application being sent yet
i'm hoping i get at least one before the holidays but i actually don't know how long i'll have to wait cause they're all the automated "we'll respond as soon as we can to offers" 😅

I'm not sure about your others but sheffield gave me an offer pretty quickly so it may not be that long!
Original post by MP_25

li basic info:

Welcome!! Can't wait to follow your journey, your predicted grades are amazing!
Original post by emm4nuella
heyaaaa so excited that you are finally doing this! here are my fellow gyg buddies, who will also love your forum ❤️ @oliviapope1 @Jieay20 @toothysmile @thrivingfrog @kayleigh_t.27 @rowan_willow @erin11 @flowersinmyhair @pineapple1865 @ActiveEccentric :biggrin:!

My GYG: https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=7421544

I actually do like @MP_25 forum although I may not be that active (busy with uni work, personal issues, etc.)

But I really wish my GYG had more views.
Original post by MP_25

li basic info:

If you gets AAA in the exams you could go directly to 2nd year in Edinburgh. Sometimes they can accept this, 1st year offer change to 2nd year, if results are good enough.

If you ask me what to focus on, I'd say maths is the most important for civil engineering (it uses a lot of math). Besides it's relatively easy to practice the exam questions, just keep doing them. Isaac Physics, exam solutions, a lot of past papers, MadAsMath. I suppose you could get the A, or even A* if you focus on math.

It's not just offers - sometimes you can get scholarships as well.

The predicted grades are... eh... meh. But at least you can improve on them, I do believe you can, by at least 1 grade.
(edited 4 months ago)
Reply 10
dec 7th:
hiya again ( im writing this rn from inside school lol cause im working my butt off trying to fit a few hours a day revising as well as doing homework :smile: )
im so glad i’ve actually finished 90% of my homework for the next week ish so can spend more time on revision + also have some free time for once
to do for today:

physics and chem practical write up + go through acids + buffers again with feedback notes from my last exam question homework sheet

not rlly schoolwork related but going through + prepping choir music for my coming up carol services the next two weeks

i love christmas carols in choirs <3 currently we’re doing Ceremony of Carols in my schools chamber choir (I’ve been doing it for at least 6 years at this point so i know it too well) and our first service is TOMMOROW!!! so going through it might be a good idea hah

i’ve finally gotten all my uni application confirmations so manifesting offers start coming in soon
Original post by MP_25
dec 7th:
hiya again ( im writing this rn from inside school lol cause im working my butt off trying to fit a few hours a day revising as well as doing homework :smile: )
im so glad i’ve actually finished 90% of my homework for the next week ish so can spend more time on revision + also have some free time for once
to do for today:

physics and chem practical write up + go through acids + buffers again with feedback notes from my last exam question homework sheet

not rlly schoolwork related but going through + prepping choir music for my coming up carol services the next two weeks

i love christmas carols in choirs <3 currently we’re doing Ceremony of Carols in my schools chamber choir (I’ve been doing it for at least 6 years at this point so i know it too well) and our first service is TOMMOROW!!! so going through it might be a good idea hah

i’ve finally gotten all my uni application confirmations so manifesting offers start coming in soon

heya hope its all going well :smile:!
Original post by MP_25
dec 7th:
to do for today:

Glad things are going well for you! Keeping it all crossed for your offers :smile:
Reply 13
forgot to mention before but i got my first offer from exeter for civil eng today 🎉
(i was in the bus home and almost screamed seeing the ucas track email)
so so glad at least ive got the first one now so we'll see what happens next :smile:))
Original post by MP_25
forgot to mention before but i got my first offer from exeter for civil eng today 🎉
so so glad at least ive got the first one now so we'll see what happens next :smile:))

OMG CONGRATULATIONS!! I'm so proud of you, well done!!
Original post by MP_25

slayyyyyy :biggrin:!
Reply 16
dec 12th:
hope everyone’s doing well today 🙂 sorry i kinda disappeared over the weekend haha, i gave myself bit of a more relaxed weekend so i rlly didn’t do much lol
plan for today:

trigonometry test (two diff ones ugh) (pure)

conditional probability test (stats)

as much as i want to do more, these sheets are so damn long im gonna spend my time on maths today + maybe do some extra revision on algerbraic division and other little concepts that just seem to skip my mind
Original post by MP_25
dec 12th:
hope everyone’s doing well today 🙂 sorry i kinda disappeared over the weekend haha, i gave myself bit of a more relaxed weekend so i rlly didn’t do much lol
plan for today:

trigonometry test (two diff ones ugh) (pure)

conditional probability test (stats)

as much as i want to do more, these sheets are so damn long im gonna spend my time on maths today + maybe do some extra revision on algerbraic division and other little concepts that just seem to skip my mind

good luck ❤️ :smile:!
Reply 18
just got another offer yayyy!!!
sheffield chem this time, higher requirement than i expected to get but i still need to fil out their disrupted studies form + other stuff so maybe they'll put in some added consideration 🤞
Original post by mp_25
just got another offer yayyy!!!
Sheffield chem this time, higher requirement than i expected to get but i still need to fil out their disrupted studies form + other stuff so maybe they'll put in some added consideration 🤞

well doneeeeeeeee omg!!! :biggrin:
(edited 4 months ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending