The Student Room Group

The Arsenal Thread XXV

Scroll to see replies

Reply 3980
Original post by Kenan and Kel
Cause Giroud comes to play and is good for balance - he brings the best out of midfield runners and gives crossing wingers/full-backs a strong option

Overall the move is good for Arsenal but now they'll have to get top 4 and probably win the Europa League.
Original post by SGHD26716
Overall the move is good for Arsenal but now they'll have to get top 4 and probably win the Europa League.

You've clearly never seen us play in Europe....
Reply 3984
Original post by Stalin
You've clearly never seen us play in Europe....

I've to admit my wording was poor. What I meant to say was with the squad you now have you should have to get top 4 and win EL otherwise it's another frustrating season for your lot.
I've to admit my wording was poor. What I meant to say was with the squad you now have you should have to get top 4 and win EL otherwise it's another frustrating season for your lot.

Impossible given the strength of the top 6. One of them will have to be prioritized over the other, and with Arsenal it'll be 4th.

Everton should go all out for the Europa. Even with their signings the reality is they'll be lucky to get 5 points from their first 5 games, after that they'll already be out of the top 4 race (if you can even consider them in it to begin with).
Reply 3986
Original post by sr90
Impossible given the strength of the top 6. One of them will have to be prioritized over the other, and with Arsenal it'll be 4th.

Everton should go all out for the Europa. Even with their signings the reality is they'll be lucky to get 5 points from their first 5 games, after that they'll already be out of the top 4 race (if you can even consider them in it to begin with).

Wow. Arsenal really are stuck in a cycle of mediocrity. I don't see Arsenal finishing ahead of Chelsea, City, or United. Depends on how Liverpool play next season.
Yes Progres Niederkorn! Knocked out the biggest losers in Scotland! Get to the group stage, draw us, humiliate us!

By that logic, surely Utd should have finished in the top 4 along with winning the Europa?
Reply 3989
Original post by Stalin
By that logic, surely Utd should have finished in the top 4 along with their EL victory?

Yes. They should've. 6th is a massive disappointment for a club that spent a record fee on a player. It's a major crack in their season, covered up by the EL and EFL cup
IDGAF about Lacazette or Kola. I want us to spunk 125 mill on Mbappe and break the transfer record because it would show we have some big balls.
Reply 3991
Original post by James.Carnell
IDGAF about Lacazette or Kola. I want us to spunk 125 mill on Mbappe and break the transfer record because it would show we have some big balls.

That won't happen. You've already got Lacazette. Wenger won't get another big name signing.

Also why would Mbappe move? Surely he should better off at Monaco than Arsenal.
That won't happen. You've already got Lacazette. Wenger won't get another big name signing.

Also why would Mbappe move? Surely he should better off at Monaco than Arsenal.

Because if he moves here and there is Sanchez, him and Lacazette, that would be ridiculous attacking power. We've got the money to spend.
Reply 3993
Because if he moves here and there is Sanchez, him and Lacazette, that would be ridiculous attacking power. We've got the money to spend.

From Mbappe's point of view, he won't even be sure if Sanchez and Ozil are staying. He'll also be leaving league winners, champions league semi finalists to go to a club which got slapped 10-2 by Bayern, not in the champions league and has gone 14 years without even going close to the league title. He will probably stay at Monaco for another year and if he has another great year and Monaco don't do as well, he will move on.
Wow. Arsenal really are stuck in a cycle of mediocrity. I don't see Arsenal finishing ahead of Chelsea, City, or United. Depends on how Liverpool play next season.

Our only striker is a 19 year old, our only defensive midfielder is so old he's practically a fossil, and our only LB will miss the start of the season through injury. Needs 3-4 key signings, and quickly, otherwise we'll be 6th again.
From Mbappe's point of view, he won't even be sure if Sanchez and Ozil are staying. He'll also be leaving league winners, champions league semi finalists to go to a club which got slapped 10-2 by Bayern, not in the champions league and has gone 14 years without even going close to the league title. He will probably stay at Monaco for another year and if he has another great year and Monaco don't do as well, he will move on.

If we buy a few players we'll be fine. We need to stop depending on the **** British core. (Except Ox and Holding who are good)
Is signing Lacazette the first move before Sanchez is sold?

Tried and tested method where you sign a big name (as a replacement) before you sell a star player.
Original post by Zerforax
Is signing Lacazette the first move before Sanchez is sold?

Tried and tested method where you sign a big name (as a replacement) before you sell a star player.

**** knows. We are on a permanent self-destruct mode.
Reply 3998
If we buy a few players we'll be fine. We need to stop depending on the **** British core. (Except Ox and Holding who are good)

Yeah but that process takes too long at Arsenal. It should've happened before.

I still can't believe Wenger didn't win anything with the likes of Fabregas, Van Persie, Nasri, and Bendtner.
Yeah but that process takes too long at Arsenal. It should've happened before.

I still can't believe Wenger didn't win anything with the likes of Fabregas, Van Persie, Nasri, and Bendtner.

We weren't big enough a club for the Lord, he went to Juve, a team that wins the league every season.

Quick Reply

Latest