The Student Room Group

Pharmacy or other degree?

I have just confirmed my A Level Choices and I am unsure as to which Uni course would be right for me! I have chosen Chemistry, Biology, Psychology and Economics+Business and have also received my GCSE results.

A* English Lang, A* RS, A Chemistry, A Biology, A Physics, A Textiles, B Drama, B Maths, B History, B German, B English Lit

(My History, Textiles and Drama are most likely being remarked by school due to unlikely results!)
I've always wanted to do Pharmacy after doing my work experience there in year 10 and thoroughly enjoying it. However, I've read so many bad things about the course such as it not being worth it for the pay and hard work you have to put in and how its hard to succeed in it!

I was just wondering what other degrees there are that are similar to Pharmacy, maybe like Pharmacology or Biomedical Sciences, though I haven't been able to do much research due to the broad variety!

I know I only got A's in my sciences as well (and a B in maths!) and was worried that this would affect me, though this is due to the fact during my science controlled assessments I was very ill and so got C's in them (and got A*A*A in my exams) and wasn't given the special consideration I was told I would get:frown: hence not getting the A*s..

thank you, hope you can help!:smile:
Original post by emilytjoness
I have just confirmed my A Level Choices and I am unsure as to which Uni course would be right for me! I have chosen Chemistry, Biology, Psychology and Economics+Business and have also received my GCSE results.

A* English Lang, A* RS, A Chemistry, A Biology, A Physics, A Textiles, B Drama, B Maths, B History, B German, B English Lit

(My History, Textiles and Drama are most likely being remarked by school due to unlikely results!)
I've always wanted to do Pharmacy after doing my work experience there in year 10 and thoroughly enjoying it. However, I've read so many bad things about the course such as it not being worth it for the pay and hard work you have to put in and how its hard to succeed in it!

I was just wondering what other degrees there are that are similar to Pharmacy, maybe like Pharmacology or Biomedical Sciences, though I haven't been able to do much research due to the broad variety!

I know I only got A's in my sciences as well (and a B in maths!) and was worried that this would affect me, though this is due to the fact during my science controlled assessments I was very ill and so got C's in them (and got A*A*A in my exams) and wasn't given the special consideration I was told I would get:frown: hence not getting the A*s..

thank you, hope you can help!:smile:

Neuroscience, physiotherapy, biochemistry, biomedicine, anthropology
Original post by Pinkberry_y
Neuroscience, physiotherapy, biochemistry, biomedicine, anthropology

Thank you!:smile:

Quick Reply

Latest