The Student Room Group

Medicine applicants

Just wondering how relevant this years AS grades and predictions are, as i've heard most schools wont be doing AS.

Some people at our college have 11A*s at GCSE but only AAAB at AS and AAA (A at as) in terms of A2 predictions.

Would people with high GCSEs vs AS be favoured over. Do such applicants stand a chance, and at which unis?
it truly depends on the uni you are applying to. For example, oxford takes GCSEs into more consideration whereas cambridge doesn't :smile:
Reply 2
BUMP!
Reply 3
But will these applicants stand a chance, especially for such a competitive course?
Im in the same boat :frown:

12A*s GCSE 1 A :smile:

But... AAAB AS meaning i drop one of the A subjects (i was 2 UMS off an A in the B) and get AAA predictions.

Which Medicine Unis could i apply too?
Taking into account their a2 predictions, no not really if there are other applicants how are predicted A*A*A* or even A*A*A.
Unis also consider the amount of progress, so if you didn't do as well at GCSE but get very high a level predictions you'll be fine
Reply 6
Seriously, does anyone know?
Reply 7
Some schools will predict an AAAA student A*A*A*A* at A2 whereas others will predict AAAA and others AABB...

So what do unis do in this case?

Its not about the strength of the applicant, but rather how lenient the school's predictions system is.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending