The Student Room Group

Media film studies or Nursing degree

I don't know if I want to go down the path of doing a degree that I know I'll enjoy or a degree which will help me find a well paid job. I enjoy media and you could say I have a passion for it, I got accepted into all of my universities for media film studies but declined them to take a gap year to help decided what I want to do. I don't want to finish my degree and still be living with my parents, looking for a job 6 months prior then settling for a job which has nothing to do with the degree I have done.

Then I looked into nursing which is something I'm not passionate about but I like the look of, something which also offers a job straight after university and provides a good enough starting salary, although, the degree looks horrible with only 7 weeks off annually.

I just don't know whether to go down the path of doing a degree because I like the subject but not knowing what to do with that subject or get a degree in something which will allow me to start a family, buy a house and move away, far from the U.K

Thoughts? Also, what can I actually do with a media degree? I'm really creative and love art and graphics but would not know what actual good job I could find with that which is why I got scared and declined my offers

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending