The Student Room Group

medicine 2017 entry

hi, I'm trying to practice for my ukcat exam. It's on Friday!!! I just wanted to anyone who's already taken the test, is the actual test easier or harder than the practice questions on the ukcat site and the 1000 question book? Because the quantitative reasoning questions are a lot harder than I expected...
I found the QR a lot easier in the real thing. Was struggling during practice but managed to get 830 in the real thing!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2
How much would u usually get when u practiced? And how much did u revise before taking the test? Because I've been revising on and off for about 3 months now but whenever I try timed tests I get just under 600 for the qr so I'm a little concerned cuz I want to get at least over 660 for the actual thing and I don't want to postpone it anymore. Any advice? 😢
I don't know what score I would get when I practiced, about 6-8 right out of 30, roughly. I only practiced solidly for about 2 weeks.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Whereas on the real thing, the QR felt much less complex and I actually managed to finish all the Q's, whereas I was not managing that in the practice

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5
Original post by L0gical_2
Whereas on the real thing, the QR felt much less complex and I actually managed to finish all the Q's, whereas I was not managing that in the practice

Posted from TSR Mobile

Really? that's good to hear and well done on your amazing score. Can I just ask, did you take the test this year? and how did you revise so well for it?
Yeah I took mine on the 19th August this year, I averaged 700 basically across all the sub tests, I just kinda did the 1000Q UKCAT book and did a couple of the practice tests on the UKCAT website.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending