The Student Room Group

Tuition loan payment

I don't have any tuition loan available. I did a course and then I dropped out: leading me to undertake my new course, for which I had to take a two year medical break.

Although I intend to change this, I didn't keep contact with student finance about my details and situation. I have applied for student finance and even though I should have at least two years remaining my entitlement states that I am not eligible for tuition loan and that I must pay the loan myself.

I'm really confused about this situation.
Student finance work backwards when working your entitlement; so if you do have 2 years left and are doing a 3 year course, you'll get funding for the last 2 years. You might get compelling personal reasons (CPR) if you had to leave yourse for medical reasons.
Hi icedemon

As you have had a gap over 18 months you must apply on a new students application form. As advised if you had medical reasons you can appeal to get your year of funding back. Once you apply please send a cover letter to explain why you could not continue on your course and evidence to back this up.

Thanks

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending