The Student Room Group

Student finance

Hi there, I have a question: I was admitted to university on September, I got Tuition from first day but I applied for Maintenance on February; I was about to obtain the Maintenance Loan (after sending all evidence and talking to them by phone) but meanwhile the Examination Board notified me as Academic Failure. To SF they said I withdraw from study on 22nd February. Can I still got part of my loan? Thanks for any advice/reply.
Hi there,

Do you mean the university have withdrawn you from the course? Did you apply for the Maintenance Loan from the 1st term of your course? Have you applied as a UK national, Migrant Worker or EU national?

Thanks, Drew
Reply 2
Original post by Drew SLC
Hi there,
Do you mean the university have withdrawn you from the course? Did you apply for the Maintenance Loan from the 1st term of your course? Have you applied as a UK national, Migrant Worker or EU national?
Thanks, Drew

Hi and thanks for replying
I applied as EU student , 2028 pre settled status, but I did it a bit late, on February
On the mail from university said “academic failure” but to SF they’ve been told I withdraw and my application was withdrawn on the SF official web site. On the phone I’ve been told until the university says different
Hi there,

If you have applied as an EU student this is a Tuition Fee Only Loan and you would not be eligible for the Maintenance Loan.

Thanks, Drew
Reply 4
Original post by Drew SLC
Hi there,
If you have applied as an EU student this is a Tuition Fee Only Loan and you would not be eligible for the Maintenance Loan.
Thanks, Drew

I respect your opinion but is not what I’ve been told from SF by phone. Besides I know people on same condition as me who got it. Ok thanks anyway, I’ll try to talk again to SFE. Thanks again
Hi there,

I work for Student Finance England and if you have an EU application for the Tuition Fee Loan only you would not be eligible for the Maintenance Loan. Did you apply as a Migrant Worker?

Thanks, Drew
Reply 6
Don’t know exactly what migrant worker means….but yes, I’m Romanian, working in UK ( almost 4 years already) and granted with pre settle status till 2028. I sent my contract and payslips (they asked for) and I’ve been told everything is ok and was about to make the payment….when suddenly I receive an email saying “University of Bedfordshire have advised us that you were withdrawn from your studies on 22/02/2024.”
Thanks again and sorry I didn’t realise you work for SFE 🤦🏻*♂️🫣
Hi there. If you were going through the process of applying for the Maintenance Loan as a Migrant Worker but your University have withdrawn you then you are not eligible for the Maintenance Loan. We cannot pay this if you are not in attendance of the course so you would not be eligible. Thanks. David
Reply 8
Original post by David SLC
Hi there. If you were going through the process of applying for the Maintenance Loan as a Migrant Worker but your University have withdrawn you then you are not eligible for the Maintenance Loan. We cannot pay this if you are not in attendance of the course so you would not be eligible. Thanks. David

Thanks again for replying; I was just wondering what happened next because SF have made two payments to University as Tuition’s? I don’t have the right for my first term at least? Thanks again
Hi Ionica80,

Once your university has withdrawn you from the course we are unable to make any maintenance loan payments

Thanks,
Calum

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending