The Student Room Group

Disabled mugging victim Alan Barnes offers just £10 to indebted woman who raised cash

Scroll to see replies

Just a fyi for anyone who's heard of this story and doesn't live in the North East where this is all going on..

There was a story about this on Look North the other night (Look North is the North East's regional news station that's always on after BBC News) and it said a JustGiving page has been set up to help her clear the debt and the girl, can't remember her name now, goes on Look North and starts crying about how she's become a victim and everything...

Now, I do agree the guy should be a bit more generous to who helped him and give more than £10, but no one has to worry about it since now the JustGiving page has been set up she's going to get far more than the £6k needed to clear the debt and end up probably getting her own house from other people's donations, and she'll be far better off because of it. Mark my words, that's what'll happen. Whether that's right or not idk, that's a different argument
Reply 41
Original post by FightToWin
Just a fyi for anyone who's heard of this story and doesn't live in the North East where this is all going on..

There was a story about this on Look North the other night (Look North is the North East's regional news station that's always on after BBC News) and it said a JustGiving page has been set up to help her clear the debt and the girl, can't remember her name now, goes on Look North and starts crying about how she's become a victim and everything...

Now, I do agree the guy should be a bit more generous to who helped him and give more than £10, but no one has to worry about it since now the JustGiving page has been set up she's going to get far more than the £6k needed to clear the debt and end up probably getting her own house from other people's donations, and she'll be far better off because of it. Mark my words, that's what'll happen. Whether that's right or not idk, that's a different argument

There's actually a few but only one has a significant amount. About £1000 raised.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by jneill
There's actually a few but only one has a significant amount. About £1000 raised.

Posted from TSR Mobile

It's only been going on for a few days though, she'll raise a lot more than that.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending