The Student Room Group

Modern Languages Applicants 2017

Scroll to see replies

heya :h:

What language(s) do you want to study:
German and Russian

Universities you're applying to:
Cambridge, Edinburgh, Bristol (offer made - conditional ABB), Durham, Leeds (offer made - conditional AAB with A in German and B in Russian)

A level subjects:
A2 - German (predicted A*), Russian (predicted A*), Theatre Studies (predicted A*) and I did a year of English Pre-U in y12 and got a D2 in the internal exam (but I dropped it lmao 4 A2 was getting a bit much)

GCSE grades:
12A*

Other information:
I'm also bilingual in Italian so hey any Italian applicants if you wanna chat hmu :wink:
(edited 7 years ago)
1.What do you want to study?

Russian and German/ Russian and International Relations
2.Universities you are applying to:

Oxford, UCL, St. Andrew's, Queen Mary and Birmingham
3. A-level subjects (and results, as have already completed A-levels):

3 A*'s and 2 A's (Russian, Biology, Music, Chemistry and Maths respectively)

4. GCSE grades:

15 A*'s

5. Other information:

Applying to Magdalen College Oxford and was just wondering if anyone else is? :smile:
Original post by FSpenceT
1.What do you want to study?

Russian and German/ Russian and International Relations
2.Universities you are applying to:

Oxford, UCL, St. Andrew's, Queen Mary and Birmingham
3. A-level subjects (and results, as have already completed A-levels):

3 A*'s and 2 A's (Russian, Biology, Music, Chemistry and Maths respectively)

4. GCSE grades:

15 A*'s

5. Other information:

Applying to Magdalen College Oxford and was just wondering if anyone else is? :smile:

What Oxford course are you applying for? Is it the combined Russian with German?
Original post by bigwang
What Oxford course are you applying for? Is it the combined Russian with German?

Yes, the Russian and Beginner's German course.

Ahh, I'll be applying for Sole Russian at St Edmund, good luck in the MLAT :smile:
Original post by bigwang
Ahh, I'll be applying for Sole Russian at St Edmund, good luck in the MLAT :smile:

Thanks! Good luck to you too :h:
Reply 46
Hey! I'm totally stressdd about applying to unis because i don't want to go away from home (i live in northern ireland) but there is only 1 uni here that does languages! So i might just apply overseas anyway, since you are allowed 5 choices after all. I'm not 100% sure what i want to do yet as a career, possibly a teacher or translator/holiday rep/work at disneyland, but i do know i wanna do languages. Anyway:
Languages: French and Spanish
Universities: so far, Queens University Belfast - French and Spanish, University of Strathclyde - French and Spanish, University of Stirling - French, Spanish and professional Education
A level subjects: French Spanish religious studies
Gcse grades: a*a*a*bccccc
Reply 47
I got an offer from Sheffield !!! Conditional though...
Original post by Ktb1208
I got an offer from Sheffield !!! Conditional though...

Ooh which language? I got one too for Japanese! :ahee:
Reply 49
Original post by Steliata
Ooh which language? I got one too for Japanese! :ahee:

Korean
Got 2nd offer on Fri 28th Oct - Modern Languages: French, Spanish and ab initio Italian at Sheffield!
Another offer - Japanese at Durham! :biggrin:
Have an offer from Birmingham for Russian and International relations!!:biggrin:
3rd offer from Newcastle and Interview at Southampton (though will be declining) - Durham is the final one I'm waiting for now!
Have an offer from Birmingham for Russian and International relations!!:biggrin:

сука
Original post by bigwang
сука

Woah woah woah there, без ненормативной лексики, пожалуйста :h:
Woah woah woah there, без ненормативной лексики, пожалуйста :h:

Where else you applying for Russian at? This computer doesn't have a Russian keyboard so can't say much more that what google translate gives me

Блядь

поздравляю!!!!

russian and german work so well together as a language pair you're gonna really enjoy it hopefully (ik i do!)
Reply 59
What language(s) do you want to study: French, German & ab initio Russian
Universities you're applying to: Exeter, Warwick, Birmingham, Bristol and Nottingham
A level subjects: Sociology, French and German
IB Subjects: Spanish and Maths Studies
GCSE grades: 1A*, 3As, 5Bs, 2Cs
Other information: predicted AAB, 6&7
AS Levels: French-A German-A (sociology is a Linear A level)
Had one offer already from Nottingham ABB :smile: can't wait to start this new chapter, especially with a new language!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending