The Student Room Group

Crashing Higher History?

Hey guys

Well, after my recent set of results, i've decided to take another two highers - just to be safe.

I've already decided on Higher Computing, however i'm pondering over the second. Now, i've always been interested in History, however i chose to do Geography at SG and Higher.

From what i've heard, it's a very essay-based subject. English is indeed my forte - i attained an A for higher - so i reckon i could cope rather well.

How would you rate History difficulty-wise? Is it rather difficult to pick-up as a crash, or would my English strengths make up for my lack of SG knowledge?

Thanks for reading! (Sorry for messing up the previous thred btw!)
I think you'd be fine. A couple of the my friends are crashing it this year and i've told them the same. The essays are COMPLETELY different from standard grade, much more like a discursive essay in English, so you'll be going into it as blind as anyone else. The source paper has some similar elements to standard grade but just essentially follow a pattern that's really easy to learn.
It's really interesting too so I'd go for it!
Reply 2
I did a Crash History Higher in 2002 and got a C. This year I took the exam only at a college with no teacher or classes and got an A. Can definitely be done.
Reply 3
my sister crashed it last year and she's just received her A! I'm doing it this year(a year after I did SG) and she said it's not difficult it's just demanding
Reply 4
crashing higher history wouldn't be a problem at all..probably one of the easiest highers to crash. not a difficult course, just a large volume of material!
Reply 5
I crashed History compeltly, hadnt even sat it at SG. Coped very well with the first half of the course getting an A in the prelim, but I got a C in the final :frown:
Reply 6
its an easy course, but a lot of dates to remember. it bores me about all this ppeasement ****...
Appeasement, Where to even begin with that!

Latest

Trending

Trending