Bristol, Cardiff and Leeds :smile:

What were your GCSEs??
Reply 181
Original post by Theragingninja
Do you have contextual?

Yes I have contextual data ..
Original post by rishi.sekhri
What were your GCSEs??

I'll message you, I feel insignificant posting on the thread. They're not bad but I don't have 1 millions A*s.
Original post by FairyLiquid11
I'm not sure. The website suggests that anyone with a score of over 15.1 was invited for interview last year, but that surely can't be the case :/

One of the posts above has a link to an Excel spreadsheet that supposedly shows the BMAT scores of all those invited for an interview, and also anyone rejected pre-interview from last year. According to this, some candidates were invited with a score of 12 and above, whilst some in the twenties were rejected.

Apart from BSMS itself, I don't think anyone really knows to be honest!

As I've mentioned earlier in here that was the information for 2015 entry rather than people taking the exam in 2015 - the cut off was actually around 16 for us. Some had less, like me (15.7), but they tended to have contextual data or extenuating circs. People with high scores who were rejected may have had section one/two scores under 3, or low essay scores. Or maybe something else, I'm not sure.
Original post by AnnekaChan173
As I've mentioned earlier in here that was the information for 2015 entry rather than people taking the exam in 2015 - the cut off was actually around 16 for us. Some had less, like me (15.7), but they tended to have contextual data or extenuating circs. People with high scores who were rejected may have had section one/two scores under 3, or low essay scores. Or maybe something else, I'm not sure.

Ooh so do you know if the cut off has ever been above 16.6??
GCSE: 6A* 6A 1B
A Level: ACC (C in Chem)
BSc Biochemistry: 2.1 Achieved
BMAT: 3.8, 3.9, 4A (16.7 total)

I don't think I have any contextual although I I know I did qualify for the last two I think but I didn't send in documents thinking it won't apply to grads -.-

Cutting it fine :frown:
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Usernamesarefull

I don't think I have any contextual although I I know I did qualify for the last two I think but I didn't send in documents thinking it won't apply to grads -.-

This year it does apply to grads. However, the deadline to send in evidence has passed :frown: although you could call and ask

Posted from TSR Mobile

But 16.7 is more than fine

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Medicine1303
This year it does apply to grads. However, the deadline to send in evidence has passed :frown: although you could call and ask

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah I have a feeling its too late but I'll call and ask anyway. Although contacting my sixthform/secondary for proof will be long I did A Levels almost 5 years ago. Otherwise I just hope my BMAT is enough! :frown:
Yeah I have a feeling its too late but I'll call and ask anyway. Although contacting my sixthform/secondary for proof will be long I did A Levels almost 5 years ago. Otherwise I just hope my BMAT is enough! :frown:

It should be good - cutoff was 16.1 last year and 15.1 the year before. I doubt it's increasing by a whole point again, I'm adamant it will slow down.
I did horrendously and got 15.2? do I even stand a chance? Please be brutally honest
Original post by srashid3
I did horrendously and got 15.2? do I even stand a chance? Please be brutally honest

Probably Only if you're flagged for contextual data
Original post by moonfruits
When did they start sending out interviews last year?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Around 23rd of December I believe

Posted from TSR Mobile
Anyone got the confirmation email that they have recieved your BMAT scores?
Original post by Avempace
Anyone got the confirmation email that they have recieved your BMAT scores?

No? :/ Why, have you?
Original post by FairyLiquid11
No? :/ Why, have you?

No, let me know if you do.
Really hope 16.7 is good enough, I knew S1 would ruin me
Original post by angoranimi
Really hope 16.7 is good enough, I knew S1 would ruin me

I think its more than good enough :smile:

Is your application flagged with contextual data?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Medicine1303
I think its more than good enough :smile:

Is your application flagged with contextual data?

Posted from TSR Mobile

You really think so? I think it might meet the cut off but idk if i'll be invited for an interview

Is there a way to find out? Pretty sure I qualify for this:

live in a neighbourhood that has low participation into higher education or live in an area that falls within the lowest 20% of the Index of Mass Deprivation*

My secondary school has now gone up in standards so I don't think I qualify for the GCSE one
Reply 199
When do bsms release cut off scores ?

Latest

Trending

Trending