The Student Room Group

Not interested but acts jealous

There's a guy I'm good friends with, who I was crazy about for a long time, but he wasn't interested in going out with me, even though he told me that he liked me and always sai dhe found me attractive.

He said he 'saw me as a friend' and plus he wasn't staying in the country (he's left now). but the thing is, I've met a new guy who is very nice, and I told my friend about him thinking he'd be happy for me (and probably relieved), but he had a jealous reaction which was weird, and didn't seem happy at all, just jealous..

it's not the first time either. A couple of months ago something happened between me and another guy, but it shouldnt have, and I confided it in my friend, and he asked why on earth I was telling him that and raged at me for about 30 minutes.

When I've said to him that some guys were good-looking like footballers or something, he would joke along with me. However, he's got a very attractive friend, and when I told my friend I found this other guy attractive, he seemed a bit annoyed and said 'yeah well he's got a girlfriend, and he's really in love anyway'.

I don't understand hm at all, he's not interested but gets annoyed when I show interest in other guys. Why do people do this, any explanations? thanks
Just date the guy and ignore him, he had his chance.
Reply 2
Yeah, you're right.. He has told me several times that he's only interested in friendship (maybe just bcause he was leaving) and told me he didn't have feelings, so I do not understand his reaction... ah well.
Being possessive isn't the same as being in love however...

He obviously lied about seeing you as a friend, but knew that, for whatever reason, you two couldn't get into a relationship.
Now he might interpret you telling him these things as you teasing him or worse.
Reply 4
Original post by Cremated_Spatula
Being possessive isn't the same as being in love however...

He obviously lied about seeing you as a friend, but knew that, for whatever reason, you two couldn't get into a relationship.
Now he might interpret you telling him these things as you teasing him or worse.

Yeah, I have got no idea really...
I actually thought he'd be relieved when I told him (as he knew I liked him for months)

But he told me several times that he only liked me as a friend 'even if he was attracted to me and that I had everything to please' and told me all sorts of excuses..

it could have just been that as he knew he was leaving (moved 5,000 miles away) he couldn't be with me...

thanks for your reply :smile:
Reply 5
bump
Reply 6
Original post by Anonymous
There's a guy I'm good friends with, who I was crazy about for a long time, but he wasn't interested in going out with me, even though he told me that he liked me and always sai dhe found me attractive.

He said he 'saw me as a friend' and plus he wasn't staying in the country (he's left now). but the thing is, I've met a new guy who is very nice, and I told my friend about him thinking he'd be happy for me (and probably relieved), but he had a jealous reaction which was weird, and didn't seem happy at all, just jealous..

it's not the first time either. A couple of months ago something happened between me and another guy, but it shouldnt have, and I confided it in my friend, and he asked why on earth I was telling him that and raged at me for about 30 minutes.

When I've said to him that some guys were good-looking like footballers or something, he would joke along with me. However, he's got a very attractive friend, and when I told my friend I found this other guy attractive, he seemed a bit annoyed and said 'yeah well he's got a girlfriend, and he's really in love anyway'.

I don't understand hm at all, he's not interested but gets annoyed when I show interest in other guys. Why do people do this, any explanations? thanks

kinda hard to explain tbh. Often if a girl fancies me, but I am not interested in her I will get jealous if I see her cosying upto or getting it on with other guys. It's kinda like seeing her beginning to get removed as an "option" causes a temporary spike in attraction for her.
Reply 7
Yeah, I understand what you mean! I've started a conversation with him since then, and he's just cut it short, and it was like he didn't really want to talk :s-smilie: it may be unrelated but he was very short with me and was just like he didn't want to continue the convo... strange. :s-smilie:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending