The Student Room Group

Do you think Daniel Radcliffe is a good actor?

I know he doesn’t have to work anymore, such a lucky guy. He was very wooden in HP and I saw a film of his recently and he hasn’t improved
No, I don't think that he has been a good actor since he was a teenager.
His acting was much better in the earlier Harry Potter movies.
Did he ever act in another films but Harry Potter? if I ask this question, he does not seem to be good.
Original post by Kallisto
Did he ever act in another films but Harry Potter? if I ask this question, he does not seem to be good.

Yes, he has made other the films.
The Woman in Black, Kill Your Darlings, Victor Frankenstein and The Imperium.
Lousy acting for all of them.
Original post by londonmyst
Yes, he has made other the films.
The Woman in Black, Kill Your Darlings, Victor Frankenstein and The Imperium.
Lousy acting for all of them.

Do you think that Radcliffe would not be a famous actor, if he did not portray Harry Potter? I at least think so.
Original post by Kallisto
Do you think that Radcliffe would not be a famous actor, if he did not portray Harry Potter? I at least think so.

I doubt that he would have been a successful adult actor without Harry Potter.
His mother was a casting agent and he had done some tv acting work before Harry Potter.
But I believe that the acting projects would still have fizzled out by his mid teens without the role of Harry Potter.
Not seen him in anything, so I can't really comment
Original post by Peter100121
I know he doesn’t have to work anymore, such a lucky guy. He was very wooden in HP and I saw a film of his recently and he hasn’t improved

He was pretty good in Escape from Pretoria, also based on a true story
Original post by londonmyst
I doubt that he would have been a successful adult actor without Harry Potter.
His mother was a casting agent and he had done some tv acting work before Harry Potter.
But I believe that the acting projects would still have fizzled out by his mid teens without the role of Harry Potter.

I think that you are right. Harry Potter popularise him, and he - is - for the most people - just famous because of this role.
Reply 9
Just jealous he has everything I want
Original post by Peter100121
Just jealous he has everything I want

The fame and a lot of money to live on a private fortune? I doubt that this is such a worthwile aim in life.
It's fascinating how opinions on actors' performances can differ. While some viewers may have found Daniel Radcliffe's portrayal in ""Harry Potter"" to be a bit stiff, others appreciate the challenges of growing up in the spotlight and acknowledge his efforts to diversify his roles post-Potter. It's all part of the actor's journey!
If you're curious about Radcliffe's recent work or simply seeking some cinematic inspiration, why not delve into what's in theatres now? Exploring the array of films in theaters now might lead you to discover a hidden gem starring Radcliffe that showcases his evolution as an actor. Who knows, you might find yourself pleasantly surprised by his performance in a new setting.
(edited 2 months ago)

Quick Reply

Latest