The Student Room Group

Help!!Which is Better OCR or AQA? Business, sociology

Well I'm having a dilemma as to which exam board I should study my A level business and Sociology:

In case of business, I prefer the topics at Ocr rather than AQa, but it seems to me that the exam technique can be easily developed with AQa.

As for Sociology, they are quite similar except that in Ocr you re-do same topics of As at A2.

I have never really studied in Aqa, only in Ocr and Edecel...What would be a better preference for both subjects? Is it recommendable to study in different exam boards for each a level? Which is better in regards to exam technique?
I think at most places you dont have any choice, the school/teachers pick the exam board they teach you.
Original post by Chazeyourself
Well I'm having a dilemma as to which exam board I should study my A level business and Sociology:

In case of business, I prefer the topics at Ocr rather than AQa, but it seems to me that the exam technique can be easily developed with AQa.

As for Sociology, they are quite similar except that in Ocr you re-do same topics of As at A2.

I have never really studied in Aqa, only in Ocr and Edecel...What would be a better preference for both subjects? Is it recommendable to study in different exam boards for each a level? Which is better in regards to exam technique?

I doubt you will get to choose but AQA is easier than OCR. However, if you think you like the topics in OCR than you would likely do well in it. Overall for GCSE I did better in all of my OCR subjects but only my two AQA but that was because I hated those two subjects. Also the applied science a level exams will be taken by AQA but separate science (so bio physics and chem) exams will be taken by OCR
Original post by Phoebe Joan xo
I think at most places you dont have any choice, the school/teachers pick the exam board they teach you.

Omg I forgot that true's..but still, i can look for several colleges that offer different exam boards
Original post by Starlight2000
I doubt you will get to choose but AQA is easier than OCR. However, if you think you like the topics in OCR than you would likely do well in it. Overall for GCSE I did better in all of my OCR subjects but only my two AQA but that was because I hated those two subjects. Also the applied science a level exams will be taken by AQA but separate science (so bio physics and chem) exams will be taken by OCR

Im quite anxious about this cause I ve never really used AQA but it seems like that what majority of people studied with,but im sure there will be a way out

Quick Reply

Latest