The Student Room Group

Circumstances

Will universities still accept you if you do not make the grades asked for, however you contact them to tell them that something had happened to you prior to and during your exams? I mean, something to do with your health that will surely affect your exams?
I dont want to share too much at this point but some of you may know what I am blabbering on about.
I am worried that may feel that you are just making it up or something and will do anything to get in! Hmm..
Reply 1
Well, i wasnt in the right frame of mind then and could not speak about it until after my exams when the extra pressure was off of my shoulders. Do you think it is too late to contact them?
I had great grades last year so i should easily get the grades this year but if i do not and my module results are poor this year, they must see that something has been happening.
Hmm.. it may not even come to this and i may even get the grades so i may just be going on for no reason. You can just ignore me if you want lol.
Juno, i think thats a bit unfair.

I'm in a similar situation as when i went to see doctor he wouldnt do anything. Went back recently after exams and then confirmed what i had orginally talked about grr!

Also i wanted to see if i could do things on my own merits not because i had been poorly.

Apparently so many people use things such as "i had a cold", "my hamster died" that unis dont always look at them and many people have dr relatives who can just sign things off-this is what a colleague said anyway.
Reply 3
I have been to the doctor so he can write a letter if necessary! Im just so desperate to get into loughborough lol :frown:
Reply 4
With regards to my ASs... I contacted UCAS prior to when I applied for university, and they just said to mention it in my personal statement but also get the reference to mention it. With regard to A level exams, you should have contacted UCAS prior. I think, but not entirely sure, try contacting the university on results day, explaining the situation.

Sorry if this doesn't help much.
Reply 5
The university would probably listen to you, however perhaps it could be bettter to contact them sooner rather than later.

I had various issues going on through years 11 - 13, and it was written in both my personal statement, and my head of year wrote a letter to the university, to let them know.
It can't do much damage to let them know. xo

Latest

Trending

Trending