The Student Room Group

Mitigating circumstances

I had concerning medical issues in year 12 so I did not perform well in my mocks then or in my september mocks and my UCAS predictions are AAB I want to apply to imperial with minimum entry standard AAA, otherwise the typical offers would be A*A*A* - A*AA with my mitigating circumstances, is there a chance I can get any offers?
Reply 1
If you have informed your school of you circumstances and they agree it is valid, they should adjust your predictions accordingly, like the special consideration for A level grades.
Reply 2
Original post by Typhoons
If you have informed your school of you circumstances and they agree it is valid, they should adjust your predictions accordingly, like the special consideration for A level grades.

They do know and have adjusted it a bit but said they can't change it anymore
Reply 3
Each Uni will have relevant info about mitigating circumstances / extenuating circumstances on their website.
Example from Bristol - https://www.bristol.ac.uk/study/undergraduate/after-you-apply/your-application/extenuating-circumstances/

Just be aware that this is not going to trump the entry requirements and somewhere like Imperial will not take this into account at application stage.
'Extra consideration' usually only comes into play at results time - ie. you missed the offer because of Mit Circs etc.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending