The Student Room Group
Coventry University
Coventry University
Coventry
Visit website

Ask a Current Coventry University Student

Scroll to see replies

Would it be easy to get a part time job in Coventry? What sort of job would it be wise to take? Any experience or preferences?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Coventry University
Coventry University
Coventry
Visit website
Hi!
I was just wondering how hard is to change subject - course on University, in this example - Coventry University. Does anyone have expirience with that?

As example, if I don't successful enrol into Biomedical sciences and I get into Biological and Chemical sciences, is it possible to switch in between, after one semester or when can I do that?
Original post by jplascev
Hi!
I was just wondering how hard is to change subject - course on University, in this example - Coventry University. Does anyone have expirience with that?

As example, if I don't successful enrol into Biomedical sciences and I get into Biological and Chemical sciences, is it possible to switch in between, after one semester or when can I do that?

I'm not sure about the specifics for your course, but I'd always suggest getting in touch directly with the uni if possible for questions like this, as they'll be able to give you the most accurate answer :smile:
Anyone here doing his/her Masters in Sports management? How is the University for this course? What are the job prospects for an international student?
Reply 24
Hi Guys! :smile:
I don't know if this is the appropriate place to be asking this, but I am a current Master's student at the Coventry University studying Forensic Psychology and I am in need of jury eligible UK participants for creating a mock jury and looking at real case evidence to reach a decision. If anyone that fills the UK jury eligibility requirement wants to have a go at my project I much appreciat it! :colondollar:
Also, since I am a student at Coventry I can try and help with any specific queries you have relating to my course or acommodation.
Apologies if this is not the right place to be asking for this :colondollar:
Hello!

I'm thinking of changing universities. Do you know if Coventry has advanced entry straight into year 2?

Furthermore, how dedicated to aviation is the university in general?

It's a tough decision so I'm researching Coventry university to find out all I can.

Thanks!
Reply 26
I've just read loads of bad reviews about futurelets saying to avoid them at all costs. I've put The Cycle works down as my first choice which is Uni owned- would I be better off going for something like Gosford Gate which is run by a private company with a good reputation?
Original post by paulaamores
hi! i got an offer for biological and forensic sciences. any student willing to tell me about it? i'm from spain and i can't go to an open day. how is living in coventry like?

Hey I do this course and I am the student rep for it. It is a great course. We cover genetics, anatomy, cell biology as well as many aspects of forensics. The lecturers are really supportive and are dedicated to helping you get the best grade. Also, there are many placements available. One of the best things is that you get to choose 1 subject that is not necessarily linked to your course to take in each year of your studies. This can be anything from Italian to Teacher training. Hope this helps :smile:
Original post by jplascev
Hi!

Hi, speak to your tutor and they can point you to who to speak to. I know a girl in my class transferred from Biological and Forensic sciences to a totally different subject in semester 2 of their first year. Hope this helps :smile:
Original post by paulaamores
how is living in coventry like? and about the course that i applied for, biological and forensic sciences, is it well taught? or should i go to a different university for this degree?

The course is well taught by passionate lecturers who will do as much as possible to help you both academically and personally.
Hi I'm from Malaysia. I got a year 2 entry offer in BA media and communication. Anyone here studying this course in CU? Is the course well taught in CU? I'm still deciding on choosing BCU or CU.

Please tell me more detail about this course, thank you :smile:
Reply 31
I got an offer to study occupational therapy at Coventry university and i was wondering if i get lower the the required grades then are they going to consider my EPQ as a condition
Reply 32
Is anyone doing Dietetics BSc at Coventry? What are the lecturers like and would someone be able to provide an example of a timetable as to how many days a week the lectures will be held? I'm trying to decide whether to commute daily from Milton Keynes or student housing. Many thanks xx
Does anyone do automotive engineering in coventry university? If yes, then please state how good is teaching and also the location of the university
Hello, can anyone provide any information or personal experience of the MA Illustration and Animation course? Trying to dig around for information, showreels and what the students did after; but most of what I'm finding is from nearly 5 years ago! and I would like something a bit more up to date.
Any current or past Disaster Management & Emergency Planning students? I'm interested in the course and have visited for open days, but it's always good to get a first hand opinion. Thanks!
Hey has anyone received an offer from Coventry University yet?? I'm looking to study Business and HR management at Cov. :smile:
Hi, I'm hoping to study geography and natural hazards in 2018, was just wondering how long it usually takes to receive an offer, and what offers people were given last year, I sent my application a week ago 🙂
Original post by Alana-xx
Hi, I'm hoping to study geography and natural hazards in 2018, was just wondering how long it usually takes to receive an offer, and what offers people were given last year, I sent my application a week ago 🙂

It took a little over a month for me a few years ago, I believe, although it was for Computer Science rather than Geography & Natural Hazards :smile:
Okay thank you xx

Quick Reply

Latest