Ask a Current Coventry University Student

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Anyone in MSc oil and gas management ?
Coventry University
Coventry University
Coventry
Visit website
Anyone from international disaster management OR disaster management and emergency planning?? If so how difficult was it to get onto the course, and do coventry provide lots of help for career afterwards? Thank youuu :smile:
Original post by beccaxrose
Anyone from international disaster management OR disaster management and emergency planning?? If so how difficult was it to get onto the course, and do coventry provide lots of help for career afterwards? Thank youuu :smile:

From a career perspective, it’s work looking over the information on their Careers and Employability Service page :smile:

https://www.coventry.ac.uk/study-at-coventry/student-support/enhance-your-employability/careers-and-employability-services/
Reply 43
Hello
i am a coventry uni student so feel free to ask me questions
Heyy it there any Gc for Business and administration BA(Hons) students :smile: ? I've hardly seen anyone doing this course,why so?
Giving this a bump as we're into the new academic year/application cycle - I graduated a couple of years ago now, but still happy to answer any questions :biggrin:
Original post by shadowdweller
Giving this a bump as we're into the new academic year/application cycle - I graduated a couple of years ago now, but still happy to answer any questions :biggrin:

Are freshers wrist bands worth it? I do go out quite a lot, but not sure I’ll be doing it night after night - and I know you can pay on the door?

The only benefits I can see is that it MIGHT work out cheaper and it means I can queue with others who have wrist bands

I’ve not met anyone in my flat yet so I don’t know what they’re doing x x
Original post by Bethfaithp
Are freshers wrist bands worth it? I do go out quite a lot, but not sure I’ll be doing it night after night - and I know you can pay on the door?

The only benefits I can see is that it MIGHT work out cheaper and it means I can queue with others who have wrist bands

I’ve not met anyone in my flat yet so I don’t know what they’re doing x x

Personally I'd suggest having a look through the events that the wristband covers, and seeing how many you'd be thinking of going to, and how much those cost collectively - if it's less than the wristband cost, I'd say just pay on the door! Allow for a bit of scope in that, in case your flatmates end up going to additional events that you decide to attend.

Ultimately it's up to you, and how much you think you'd end up spending without one. I think compared to others, Coventry's one isn't horrendously expensive, which might be a point to consider too :tongue:
honest opinion would you go to Coventry university or pick a different uni if you could travel back in time
Original post by Igotbbcalevel
honest opinion would you go to Coventry university or pick a different uni if you could travel back in time

I'd have stuck with Coventry, personally - I enjoyed my time there, and the course was good, which was really the priority for me! :yep:
Can anyone give an opinion on BA Music here? Missed the open days and looking at courses near to Birmingham.
Original post by PickingItUp
Can anyone give an opinion on BA Music here? Missed the open days and looking at courses near to Birmingham.

this is just my opinion. and I know it will be controversial. don't do a degree in music. it is a waste of time and money. if you do a degree in music you need to go to Oxbridge level to make the degree worth it due to the scarcity of job opportunities.
again just my opinion
Is Coventry decent for maths or not?
Original post by Anonymous

I'll tag in @Coventry University and @Coventry Uni as one of them might be able to answer this for you! :biggrin:

The maths portions of my CompSci course were good, but I didn't have any interaction with the Maths department/course myself, I'm afraid :nope:

What do you mean by "decent"?

Its decent for below average students, it is well behind academically and in prospects when compared to almost any semi-prestigious uni.
Original post by Igotbbcalevel

I went their and it was ok, I did an engineering degree and found it pretty easy tbh, i regretted not resitting my A-levels and going somewhere a bit more rigorous afterwards, I moved uni for my masters. Lots of the students at Coventry are getting Cs & Ds at A-level, and that's the pool your swimming in if you go.
What do you mean by "decent"?

Its decent for below average students, it is well behind academically and in prospects when compared to almost any semi-prestigious uni.

I went their and it was ok, I did an engineering degree and found it pretty easy tbh, i regretted not resitting my A-levels and going somewhere a bit more rigorous afterwards, I moved uni for my masters. Lots of the students at Coventry are getting Cs & Ds at A-level, and that's the pool your swimming in if you go.

I am predicted AAA (maths bio chem) and it is my back up, but wouldn’t it be better to get a first from somewhere like coventry than a 2:1 at a better uni?
I am predicted AAA (maths bio chem) and it is my back up, but wouldn’t it be better to get a first from somewhere like coventry than a 2:1 at a better uni?

I would say a 2.1 from a uni such as Bristol, Bath, Nottingham, Manchester etc. is worth more than a 1st from Coventry, for almost all grad jobs they require a 2.1 or a 1st and what uni you go to doesnt really matter for most jobs. But if you want to work in a super competitive job market say finance you have zero chance coming from Coventry, you need to go to a more prestigious uni just to get interviews.

If your getting anywhere close to AAA even if you miss your firm choice uni, I would suggest finding a more prestigious uni in clearing... You can get an offer for a new uni, then ask Coventry to release you from your offer if you've already put them in as your insurance.
I would say a 2.1 from a uni such as Bristol, Bath, Nottingham, Manchester etc. is worth more than a 1st from Coventry, for almost all grad jobs they require a 2.1 or a 1st and what uni you go to doesnt really matter for most jobs. But if you want to work in a super competitive job market say finance you have zero chance coming from Coventry, you need to go to a more prestigious uni just to get interviews.

If your getting anywhere close to AAA even if you miss your firm choice uni, I would suggest finding a more prestigious uni in clearing... You can get an offer for a new uni, then ask Coventry to release you from your offer if you've already put them in as your insurance.

I have applied to nottingham, manchester and birmingham, but I was just concerned at the fact that i don’t do further maths, so i’ll be really behind
Such snobbery from anonymous posters. Not all students who go to universities like this are working at C and D level. There are many who just want a local university that does the course they want to. If you opt for a Russell Group good for you but if that’s not your choice why should you have to look down on others who don’t? :confused:

Quick Reply

Latest